Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
March 5, 2021 at 3:55 pm #8237989

nicholeF

I am seeing a lot of transactions in the database for wp_icl_mo_files_domains. Can you give me some insight on what this is and how to reduce the number of db transactions to optimize.

db-transactions.JPG
March 5, 2021 at 4:17 pm #8238109

nicholeF

Also see a lot of:

wp_*_icl_mo_files_domains update
wp_icl_translations select

March 8, 2021 at 7:35 am #8248261

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

WPML string translations are saved in mo.files. Path to the .mo files that are kept in wp-content/languages/wpml are stored in the table wp_icl_mo_files_domains. We store them there with a relative path, but a long time ago it was an absolute path. If you are doing some translation currently with WPML String translation, this is expected.

Make sure additional options in WPML String translations are disabled, Auto register, and Track strings.

I would also suggest going to WPML > Support > Troublehsooting and run "Clean up and optimize strings tables" and then "Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box".

More info:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

March 24, 2021 at 6:58 pm #8393411

nicholeF

Hey Drazen,

No help really - what else can we try?

March 29, 2021 at 11:32 am #8421985

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

this ticket is closed and we may not reply anymore, if you still have an issue and need our help, please open a new ticket.

Kind regards,
Drazen