This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ellery 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
June 19, 2013 at 10:57 am #137148

Ellery

Hi

First of all, here is my config:

- Windows 7, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.8
- WPML: 2.8.2
- WP: 3.5.1
- WooCommerce 2.0.12
- mod_rewrite available, .htaccess writable

WPML Config:
- Language name added as a parameter
- Sticky link enable

I setup navigation menu BEFORE installing WPML. And my theme is using option-tree to save theme setting. My theme is called tendershop (Bought from ThemeForest).

My questions:
- So, I create a custom menu with custom permalink and works fine. After I installed WPML, since permalink keep unchanged in custom menu item, I cannot make it automatically direct to desired language. How can I fix it?

- There are some text in option-tree which will be used to be displayed on front-end. But it is just English (default language). I would like user to see different languages based on their language selection. How can I do it?

- I ran sticky link scanning (Scan All Posts). But it seems that the permalink problem still exists. Am I right using Sticky link to solve that?

Included please find some of the images for your information.
- 1,2,3.png are plugin list
- 4.png: .htaccess content
- 5.png: setting of permalink in nav menu
- 6.png: option-tree link, want to make it language dependable

Thank you in advance for help!

June 19, 2013 at 11:01 am #137158

Ellery

Image 3, 5, 6 are wrong. I can't update it, so I re-upload here

June 19, 2013 at 1:26 pm #137223

Harshad

Dear Ellery,

- So, I create a custom menu with custom permalink and works fine. After I installed WPML, since permalink keep unchanged in custom menu item, I cannot make it automatically direct to desired language. How can I fix it?
--> When you add a custom link to default language menu, you will have to manually create a custom link to your secondary language menu and update the links, As custom links don't take part in Menu Syncronization.
Only posts/pages categories, Only if they are translated will be created automatically after Menu sync.

- There are some text in option-tree which will be used to be displayed on front-end. But it is just English (default language). I would like user to see different languages based on their language selection. How can I do it?
--> I guess option tree plugin is not compatible with wpml yet, may be solution provided by Peter in this post should help you
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/option-tree-wpml-translation-not-working/#post-56236

- I ran sticky link scanning (Scan All Posts). But it seems that the permalink problem still exists. Am I right using Sticky link to solve that?
--> Can you please resave permalinks from Settings -> Permalinks, Then go to wpml -> support, click on the troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page.
On troubleshooting page click "Set language information" button.

June 20, 2013 at 9:44 am #137462

Ellery

Thank you. For the first and third problems, now they are solve.

For second one, I am looking forward to see it compatibles.

June 24, 2013 at 9:51 am #138375

Ellery

I solve my second one by myself. My log of action stated here:

hidden link

Hope it helps someone.