Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomasB-2 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
November 12, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4934157

tomasB-2

Hello,

I closed my ticket #4914847, but I need to reopen it again. I found out, that the two keywords will translate after delete .po and .mo files as suggested, but in a few minutes the files are back on the same place and the error persist. Please help - how can I block the "autorestore" event..

Thank you in advance,

Tomas Bada

November 12, 2019 at 7:17 pm #4934345

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. I reviewed your previous ticket and I see that removing the files resolved the issue, but then the files were recreated automatically. Is this correct?

If so, what happens if you rename the files instead of removing them? Does this resolve the translation problem? Please let me know if that works, and if not I will be happy to further troubleshoot.

November 12, 2019 at 11:13 pm #4935229

tomasB-2

Hello Lauren,

you were right, after renaming of the files (and purging cache of the site) the problem is gone. Up to the next WP translations update - after this there will be the problematic files recreated and added again...

November 13, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4939385

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Unfortunately, those files are not being created by WPML. The WPML files are stored inside the wpml/languages folder. I guess one option would be to not update the WordPress translations when they are available, or you will need to rename the files after the update.

November 13, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4939469

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

After consulting with our developers, I'd like to check a few more things. Please go to WPML -> String Translation and make sure that in the auto register section near the bottom, you have enabled Event Calendar to be auto registered. Then, check if there is a .mo file being created for the events calendar plugin in languages/wpml. Do you see one there?

November 14, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4946705

tomasB-2

Hello Lauren,

I had to delete the files more times over the last days. Renaming of the files did not help - the system recreated after every update new .po and .mo files again... Now I did the steps you recommended me in your last post (see attached picture), and we will see now. If it will not help, than the last possibility will be probably to forbid the automatic language translation updates - but how?

Thank you

Tomas

November 14, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4948583

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I was able to use a workaround on my test site to resolve the issue. Here's what I did:

1. Go to WPML -> String Translation and delete any translation you have for Keyword.
2. Towards the bottom of the String Translation page, check the box "Look for strings while pages are rendered". Then, load the page on the frontend. (i.e. I loaded hidden link)
3. After this, when I search String Translation for the string Keyword, I see a new result. I translated that and now you can see the translation shows correctly.

You can then deselect "Look for strings while pages are rendered". Please let me know if this resolve the issue on your live site as well. You can reference this errata: https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-some-strings-are-not-translating-properly/

November 15, 2019 at 8:10 am #4951707

tomasB-2

Hello Lauren,

thank you for your help, I tried the workaround, but it did not work at all for me, BUT i tried to edit the current string translations in the-event-calendar, purged cache and I have the right translations there without the need to delete the .po and .mo files from languages/plugins folder. So let it be for few days now and I will tell you if the problem is definitely gone or not. I hope this will be the solution "for ever" now..

November 15, 2019 at 3:03 pm #4955085

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Okay that's great. It *should* resolve the issue, because what is in String Translation should override the PO. Keep me posted if it still looks okay in a few days, and thanks so much for the update.

November 15, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4955531

tomasB-2

It is like you described - the issue seems to be resolved now (during the day no change and everything looks fine). Thank you for your help!