Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
January 14, 2020 at 11:52 am #5288995

Станислав Петряшов

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I see phantom (duplicate) images in media library WordPress after uninstalling wpml

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

January 15, 2020 at 2:51 pm #5298721

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

These are most likely "duplicated" images that were created in the respective language media libraries when you installed WPML.

Before unsintalling WPML, you should have removed all data in the other languages including media images.

WPML Media translation will duplicate each image once for every language installed. They all point to the same physical file but each is a new entry in the wp-posts table.

I hope this explains what your are seeing.

January 15, 2020 at 2:55 pm #5298727

Станислав Петряшов

Please, help me with fixing this issue. How to resolve it now?

January 15, 2020 at 3:34 pm #5299113

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Do you still have the plugin zip file?
When you removed the plugin files, did you also delete all database entries related to WPML in the wp-options table?

If not, then all you have to do is reinstall and activate the WPML plugin. The plugin should pickup the old configuration (unless you deleted it).

YOu can then go through each language´s media library and delete the images.
That would be the easiest way

Otherwise, you need to go through and determine which images used to belong to other language spaces and then delete them yourself manually.

The topic ‘[Closed] phantom (duplicate) images after uninstall wpml’ is closed to new replies.