This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 12:26 pm

gilesH-3

I am trying to: translate a page - and possibly related - a lot of pages - which are correctly marked for translation, marked as complete - are not appearing on the front end translation page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link /hidden link
and
hidden link

I have followed some of the appropriate procedures on the troubleshooting page to no avail.

I expected to see: The content from the English version presented for translation / the content on the front end.

Instead, I got: text from elsewhere that is not on the original page - It seems there is a lot of text coming from elsewhere - not even on our site.

August 14, 2019 at 8:43 am #4393395

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

As I can see, you're using a custom theme on your website. In this case, is there any chance that you could deactivate all the plugins except for WPML (and its add-ons), activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), create a new page, and translate it, please? Can you tel me if things are working fine this time? I just want to see if this is an issue caused by some compatibility issue between WPML and a plugin (or the theme) that you're using.

Thanks,
Radu

August 20, 2019 at 11:09 am #4423081

gilesH-3

Hello Radu, I have followed your instructions - and it does seem that things worked fine in this case.

August 20, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4424165

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

This is a good starting point. Now, all you have to do is activate back the plugins, one by one, to find out which plugin is causing this issue. If the plugin is a part of our WPML compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/), we can have a look and see what's going on. If the plugin is not on this list, you can try to reach out the plugin author and ask them to have a look at this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

August 22, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4439675

gilesH-3

Hi Radu,
We have some more information - before we started re-activating plugins - some colleagues checked over pages we already have on the site - on some of these pages - when clicking the translate there was text that would not have been on the original - that would seem to indicate the problem is not within any other plugin. Can you advise further?

August 22, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4440665

gilesH-3

Hi Radu,
We have also observed that the extra translation text looks like it is coming from previous versions of the page.

August 26, 2019 at 10:11 am #4457479

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you tell me what's the page where I can see the issue where there was text that would not have been on the original, please?

Also, every time you make a change to an original page, you have to make sure that the translation for the current content is at 100%. After that, you can edit the original page, edit the translation, and see the new content available for translation.

I can see that you created a new page (hidden link), and you tried to translate it. The content of the page when you're trying to translate it seems to be the right one. Can you tell me if everything worked fine on this test page, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 7:54 am #4495081

gilesH-3

We have decided to uninstall WPML and find an alternative solution - there are simply too many issues with this plugin. What is the process for a refund?

September 2, 2019 at 8:12 am #4495181

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Sorry to hear that you're moving on from using the WPML plugin. You can ask for a refund right here https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds-policy/. It would be great if you could share what are the issues that you had with the plugin (you mentioned there are simply too many issues with this plugin). This way we can check them out, improve the product, and maybe you'll give it one more shot in the future.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Phantom Strings for translation’ is closed to new replies.