This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 3:03 pm #4632655

alexanders-10

At my site, hidden link I am translating posts from Croatian into English. Most, if not all posts, start with one image, then there is text - recipe for a particular dish, and at the end of the post, there is a photo gallery.

When I click the "+" sign in the list of the posts, a page for creating a new post opens, which is fine. However, since this page is empty, I basically have to start assembling this post from scratch, which is not what I want to do.

When I click the "Copy from Croatian" button in the upper right corner I wish to have the whole post copied over from the native language; the text, the photos, gallery, the lot.

Is this possible, am I doing something wrong? It will be a whole lot of work if I will have to again create galleries for each post, insert images into the text itself, browse the media library to find them, etc.

Many thanks in advance!

September 25, 2019 at 12:10 am #4634555

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. These images must be synchronized with the secondary language.

Did the images sync with the secondary language? You can check this in WPML > Settings > Media translation. You can also, in the "Media translation" options, check these options:

[X] Translate existing media in all languages
[X] Duplicate existing media for translated content
[X] Duplicate the featured images for translated content

And then click the "Start" button to have the records created in both languages. If the problem persists, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Photo gallery not imported" via "Copy from " button’ is closed to new replies.