This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 20, 2019 at 12:42 am #4248571

johnM-63

I am trying to: not sure when it gets logged to be honest but its filling up the error log

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: not sure, maybe when a string translation action is taken?

I expected to see: no errors!

Instead, I got:
this error

[19-Jul-2019 22:36:40 UTC] WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query INSERT IGNORE INTO wp_options ( `option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload` ) VALUES ('wpml.WPML_ST_DB_Cache.lock', '1563575800', 'no') /* LOCK */ made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/generatepress/404.php'), get_header, locate_template, load_template, require_once('/themes/generatepress/header.php'), language_attributes, get_language_attributes, get_bloginfo, __, translate, apply_filters('gettext'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, icl_sw_filters_gettext, icl_translate, WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context, WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Cache->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->load, WPML\Utilities\Lock->create

July 20, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4249865

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please take a full backup of your site and database, then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and click on the following buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

Do you still have the error?

July 22, 2019 at 6:08 pm #4260711

johnM-63

Hi Laura

i did all those and yes the error is still there.

[22-Jul-2019 17:28:56 UTC] WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query INSERT IGNORE INTO wp_options ( `option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload` ) VALUES ('wpml.WPML_ST_DB_Cache.lock', '1563816536', 'no') /* LOCK */ made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpseo_init, WPSEO_Meta::init, WPSEO_Options::get, WPSEO_Options::get_all, WPSEO_Options::get_options, WPSEO_Options::get_option, get_option, apply_filters('option_wpseo_titles'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, WPML_Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, icl_t, icl_translate, WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context, WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Cache->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->load, WPML\Utilities\Lock->create
[22-Jul-2019 17:31:06 UTC] WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query INSERT IGNORE INTO wp_options ( `option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload` ) VALUES ('wpml.WPML_ST_DB_Cache.lock', '1563816666', 'no') /* LOCK */ made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, ITSEC_Lockout->register_modules, apply_filters('itsec_lockout_modules'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, ITSEC_Brute_Force->itsec_lockout_modules, __, translate, apply_filters('gettext'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, icl_sw_filters_gettext, icl_translate, WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context, WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Cache->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->load, WPML\Utilities\Lock->create

July 23, 2019 at 7:49 am #4263413

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

there is only this error in the debug.log, nothing else?

Could you also try to:
- take a backup of the site
- disable all plugins except WPML (also the add-ons)
and see if you still have the error?

July 23, 2019 at 4:09 pm #4267899

johnM-63

ive got over 50 plugins, so no i'm not doing that on a live site.

its a wpml lock error so lets have you guys figure it out.

no its not in the debug log, its in the php error_log.

July 25, 2019 at 7:03 pm #4285637

johnM-63

thanks ive uploaded it now.

i know this is separate but since we have done the work to set it up there, we have an issue where the WPML (usually when in English) causes a MASSIVE CPU spike and uses up to 7 cores or more when adding items to the cart from this page mostly hidden link if the CPU maxes out the items dont get added to the cart properly.

thanks!
John

July 26, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4290143

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I can't find which is the admin user, usually, it's the first created but this is not the case.
I'll enable a private reply.

For the other issue you report, we can certainly investigate it when we fix this other problem. Our policy is one issue per ticket so when this is solved I'll split the topic.

July 26, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4290161

johnM-63

ok thanks. admin user should be in the ticket notes no? username: wpml

John

July 29, 2019 at 12:01 am #4296169

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the error on the copy, so I asked a second opinion on this.

August 1, 2019 at 7:45 am #4319427

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

could you try to go in WPML > Setting > troubleshooting and click on "recreate ST DB table"?

Does it help with the issue?

August 8, 2019 at 1:16 am #4358745

johnM-63

sorry i was away. i had tried that before, ive done it again now and will check tomorrow if the error is still being logged but i suspect it will be

John

August 8, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4364295

Laura
Supporter

Hi John,

please let me know the results, however, we have some other issues like yours so we decided it's better to investigate further, I'll let you know as soon as possible.

August 8, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4364587

johnM-63

Hi Laura

still have the issue

[08-Aug-2019 15:27:39 UTC] WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query INSERT IGNORE INTO wp_options ( `option_name`, `option_value`, `autoload` ) VALUES ('wpml.WPML_ST_DB_Cache.lock', '1565278059', 'no') /* LOCK */ made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, woocommerce_wpml->init, WCML_Dependencies->check, WCML_Dependencies->check_for_incompatible_permalinks, __, translate, apply_filters('gettext'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, icl_sw_filters_gettext, icl_translate, WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name_and_context, WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Cache->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->load, WPML\Utilities\Lock->create

August 8, 2019 at 5:52 pm #4365231

Laura
Supporter

Hi John,

thanks for the confirmation. As I said, the issue is escalated to the 2nd tier, I'll let you have news as soon as possible.

August 16, 2019 at 5:27 pm #4407723

johnM-63

any update? also i need to create a new ticket/issue and i usually change the password when i do that since i dont record it, so that will affect this ticket?