Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 28, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4842775

maxL-15

When entering the tab String Translation under WPML I get to see this:

Warning: fopen(/home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-admin/woocommerce-admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5576

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5579

It is only on that page. How to fix?

October 29, 2019 at 5:26 am #4843711

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

These error do not come from WPML.
This comes from "woocommerce-admin" : hidden link
If you disable that plugin your site should work.
Then contact that plugin support regarding this.

And a line from functions.php which also does not come from WPML : hidden link

Let me know if you need anything else regarding this but inside the WPML scope. 🙂

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 29, 2019 at 7:47 am #4844277

maxL-15

We don’t have that plugin installed. The line they mention in functions doesn’t either. And it only shows up in string translation?

October 29, 2019 at 8:17 am #4844479

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

That is strange then.
Disable all the plugins except WPML and check.
Disable your caching settings and remove all type of caches then check the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

October 31, 2019 at 9:21 am #4861903

maxL-15

It is still there after above.

Warning: fopen(/home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-admin/woocommerce-admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5576

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5579

Warning: fopen(/home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/duplicator-pro/duplicator-pro.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/customer/www/crystal-colloidaal.nl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

I don't get what is causing this, but it is really only showing up in String Translation.

October 31, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4863405

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Check this image where I red underlined: hidden link
None of these comes from WPML plugins.

Could you please disable all the WPML plugins and check?
After you disabling WPML plugins do you see the same issue?

Also, I suggest you to clear all kind of caches and check.
Check if your hosting has any cache settings.
Clear jetpack caching or disable it as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

October 31, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4865165

maxL-15

I am not able to see the errors when disabling WPML because it only shows up in ST of WPML. Your colleague installed duplicator pro and that one is already removed. Also that is showing up now. The servers cache is already cleared and so does my browsers and site one.

It is not making any difference. This error gets longer by the day.

October 31, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4865715

stefanS-102

Have you solved this yet WPML? This is def related to WPML as its only showing up in wpml tabs = String translation, themes and plugins localizations etc. It is probably due to WPML still having references to strings of removed plugins and that will create an error.

October 31, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4866059

stefanS-102

It sure was, as usual.

MaxL-15: WPML will continue blaming themes, other plugins etc etc. The error is caused by Wpml code calling get_file_data() for files that does not exist anymore after uninstalling plugins. I solved it temporarily by removing references to deleted plugins from the table:
wp_icl_mo_files_domains

I dont know if other WPML tables have references to these rows, hopefully wpml will solve this in an update.

November 3, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4876767

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi Max and stefan,

Thank you for the details.

Here is what I did to test this:
1. I created a fresh site: hidden link
2. Installed updraft
3. went to WPML > String translations - I did not see any warning message
4. I went to Plugins and deactivated updraft then deleted that.
5. Again I went to WPML > String Translations - Still I did not see any error message.

The thing is we need a way to recreate the issue in a bug free environment to check this to find a workaround or fix but I could not recreate it.

Could you please go hidden link and recreate the issue that is same as your site has?
So we can dig this deep.

Regards,

November 4, 2019 at 8:02 pm #4884429
bakriK

Hello There,

I have the same Problem,

Regrads,
Yasser

New threads created by Riffaz and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-php-error-when-going-to-string-translation/

November 5, 2019 at 9:02 am #4886455
janK-52

Same Problem.

../wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/wpml-woocommerce.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573
Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5576
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5579
Warning: fopen(../wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/wpml-woocommerce.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573
Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5576
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5579
Warning: fopen(../wp-content/plugins/server-ip-memory-usage/server-ip-memory-usage.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ../wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

This error occours after deleting the plugin "server-ip-memory-usage".
How can I fix it?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-php-error-when-going-to-string-translation-2/

November 5, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4893099
danielH-78

Same Problem Here.

Error occured after uninstalling several Plugins.

Reinstalling WPML and clearing cache didn't fix the problem.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-php-error-when-going-to-string-translation-3/

November 8, 2019 at 4:24 pm #4914883

desisn.com

I have the same problem. It would be nice if we can get a solution. The errors are all related to plugins that have been uninstalled already and do not cause any other problem outside of WPML so it must be WPML related. The error occurs under "Theme and Plugin Localisation" and "String Translation".

Warning: fopen(/kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/better-search-replace/better-search-replace.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5576

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5579

Warning: fopen(/kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/velvet-blues-update-urls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5576

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5579

Warning: fopen(/kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/better-search-replace/better-search-replace.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

Warning: fopen(/kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/velvet-blues-update-urls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

Warning: fopen(/kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-optimize/wp-optimize.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/262305_31137/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5573

Update: The team seems to be aware of this issue:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-after-uninstalling-plugins/

November 12, 2019 at 5:57 am #4929027

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

we're still working on a permanent fix, but as workaround you should go to WPML > theme and plugin localization and rescan again the .mo files selecting the blank entry.

This is because WPML is trying to create .mo files for the deleted plugins but of course, since you deleted them, it can't find them.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] PHP error when going to String Translation’ is closed to new replies.