This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sametk 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2821213

sametk

[16-Oct-2018 13:40:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function SitePress::terms_clauses(), 1 passed in /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288 and exactly 3 expected in /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php:2399
Stack trace:
#0 /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): SitePress->terms_clauses(Array)
#1 /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
#2 /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-term-query.php(647): apply_filters('terms_clauses', Array, Array, Array)
#3 /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-term-query.php(288): WP_Term_Query->get_terms()
#4 /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php(1099): WP_Term_Query->query(Array)
#5 /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php(1947): get_terms(Array)
#6 /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php(3209): wp_get_object_terms(Array, Array, Array)
#7 in /home/coamimarlik/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 2399

hidden link

plugin is not active.

October 16, 2018 at 2:09 pm #2821347

sametk

After updating, I started to experience this problem.

October 17, 2018 at 7:27 pm #2825744

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentySeventeen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

If you are able to activate WPML, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

October 17, 2018 at 7:37 pm #2825804

sametk

when I activate any of the WPML plugins, my website stops working and just a blank page is displayed.

October 17, 2018 at 8:15 pm #2825849

Lauren
Supporter

Please try to to do a manual update by following these steps:

1. Ensure that you have a full backup for the site.

2. Log in to your WPML.org account and go to the Downloads section. Download the WPML components that you need. You will receive a ZIP file for each one of WPML’s components.

3. Deactivate the current WPML version that you are using. Be sure to deactivate WPML and all its components. Otherwise, the installation files may be locked and not writeable. Don’t worry, your translations are not going to be modified.

4. Delete the plugin, so that you can install the new version. Note: if you cannot delete from inside WordPress, use an FTP program to delete the folders of WPML and its components from wp-content/plugins.

5. In the WordPress admin, go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload the ZIP files that you downloaded. Alternatively, if you cannot upload plugins directly to WordPress, unzip each file. A directory will be created. Then upload the unzipped directories to your site’s ‘wp-contents/plugins’ directory and overwrite the existing folders for WPML and its components.

6. Log in to your site, go to Plugins and activate WPML core first and then its components.

October 17, 2018 at 8:47 pm #2825874

sametk

i followed these steps but it still doesn't work.

October 17, 2018 at 9:49 pm #2825962

sametk

My website does not work because of your plugin for two days and you are responding too slowly. Can you please help me with this issue as soon as possible or i can give you the details to late you solve by yourself.

October 18, 2018 at 7:05 am #2826843

Sumit
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.
Looking at the error I suspect this could be a compatibility problem between WPML and other plugins or theme.

Please make sure you are using updated theme and plugins. We got another report of the same issue in past and it was fixed after updating the theme https://wpml.org/forums/topic/missing-argument-2-for-sitepressterms_clauses/#post-365479

If everything is updated and you are still seeing this error then I need to debug this on a test server, for this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content.
Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.
Therefore, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Thanks

October 18, 2018 at 8:06 am #2827105

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!
I installed the duplicator plugin and tried to duplicate the site but the process is terminated due to the large site.
So I have downloaded the database and it will be great if you can just provide me wp-content folder (Zipped)? Please upload this to the service like Google drive/Dropbox and share the link with me in a private reply.

I am enabling the private reply.

Thanks

October 18, 2018 at 9:52 am #2827488

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I have set up the site and I can see the issue.
The problem is "Premium SEO pack - WordPress Plugin". As I suspected the issue is a compatibility problem and it disappears when I deactivate the "Premium SEO pack - WordPress Plugin".

So if it is not a much important plugin for you, you can deactivate this plugin and then activate WPML meanwhile, I am checking the issue with this plugin.

Thanks

October 18, 2018 at 9:56 am #2827519

sametk

You can do what you need. I would appreciate if WPML is active.

October 18, 2018 at 10:23 am #2827589

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, then I have deactivated "Premium SEO pack - WordPress Plugin" and activated WPML on the site. Please check there is no error on the site now.

I would recommend you to try WPML compatible SEO plugins from here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=seo&wpv_filter_submit=Search
You can choose any plugin for SEO those all are compatible with WPML.

Thanks

October 18, 2018 at 3:13 pm #2828457

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like Sumit found the plugin that was causing the conflict. Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 22, 2018 at 12:59 pm #2838133

sametk

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!