This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: PHP Fatal error after updating WPML

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught UnexpectedValueException: GlobIterator::__construct(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

Solution: This issue is to be related to the PHP settings of your host environment, please, contact your host support and ask them to set 'open_basedir' settings accordingly. See: https://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.open-basedir.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidL-100 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 7:00 pm #5869539

davidL-100

I just updated WPML and now a random error occured on my website. If I look at the error log, here is what I get [08-Apr-2020 18:49:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught UnexpectedValueException: GlobIterator::__construct(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\inetpub\vhosts\garantmachinerie.com\httpdocs/wp-content/languages/wpml/*.mo) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:/Inetpub/vhosts/garantmachinerie.com\;C:\Windows\Temp;\;"C:\windows\temp\") in C:\inetpub\vhosts\garantmachinerie.com\httpdocs\wp-content\plugins\wpml-string-translation\classes\MO\File\Manager.php:48

I found similar issue on your forum, but can't see the proposed solution.

Thank you,

April 9, 2020 at 6:59 am #5872341

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

This issue seems to be related to the PHP settings of your host environment, please, contact your host support and ask them to set 'open_basedir' settings accordingly.
See: hidden link.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 9, 2020 at 7:09 pm #5879015

davidL-100

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! We changed the open_base_dir settings as mentioned