Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 27, 2020 at 4:04 pm #7109795

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

I checked the debug logfile and sorted out all WPML related information.
It's not a lot, so I paste it below in this post. I'll need 4-5 days to get the server log. I'll post it asap.

Regards,
Thomas

[15-Sep-2020 17:48:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_element_id() on null in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php:81
#0 /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php(47): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report->build_completed_jobs()
#1 /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report-process-factory.php(66): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report->__construct(Object(WPML_Translation_Jobs_Collection), Object(WPML_TM_String), Object(WPML_TM_Post), 'weekly', Object(WPML_Translation_Element_Factory))
#2 /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report-process-factory.php(19): WPML_TM_Jobs_Summary_Report_Process_F in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php on line 81

September 27, 2020 at 5:57 pm #7109917

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Just to make sure you had this error in the Debug log only once? If not, please check the issue is reproducible or not. The error looks like it is trying to get the id of a translation job that is no longer there.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 30, 2020 at 8:13 am #7131883

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

Here is a current debug logfile (from 2020-09-29). The error is still in there.

https://pastebin.com/GLhr7sR4

How can we located the affected post or page?

Thomas

September 30, 2020 at 1:50 pm #7135489

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the updates. As per the Debug.log, the following error is only recorded once on the 15th of Sep, am I correct? Please check the attached images and let me know your feedback.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_element_id() on null in /home/.sites/20/site4164262/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/notification/summary/class-wpml-tm-jobs-summary-report.php:81

We had a similar issue in the past and it has fixed in WPML 4.1.2 version.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 30, 2020 at 1:57 pm #7135607

thomasW-84

Hi Bigul,

The error appeared on Sept. 17th the last time. Seems to be fixed now. My test from yesterday did not cause this error again.

Thomas

October 1, 2020 at 8:18 am #7141443

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the feedback. Please keep an eye on the Debug.log. We need the steps to replicate the issue for the permanent fix. Because we are unable to replicate the issue in our test installations.

--
Thanks!

Bigul