Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.77 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by oscarC-5 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
November 27, 2019 at 9:39 pm #5032381

oscarC-5

Hi,

I have just updated my site wpml multipress multilingual plugin to 4.35 because i had the following error:
REST API is disabled, blocking some features of WPML
It looks like the WordPress REST API is disabled on this site. This blocks some features of WordPress itself and of WPML. I read on some of your forums, that this was a known bug and that version 4.3.5 will sort it. However it don't

Here is the debug:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function icl_translate()

Any help, to go ahead with the updates will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oscar

November 27, 2019 at 11:38 pm #5032671

oscarC-5

Then,

how can i correct this line, in order to avoid this error?

$stralang= icl_translate( 'wpml_custom', 'wpml_custom_lang', "en-US" );

thanks,

Oscar

November 27, 2019 at 11:38 pm #5032673

oscarC-5

I have also updated my php version and still get the same error.

November 28, 2019 at 11:19 am #5035237

oscarC-5

Hi,

Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Oscar

November 29, 2019 at 1:56 am #5040053

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. This function 'icl_translate' is deprecated and most likely removed in the most recent versions of WPML and it seems to be the reason for your PHP fatal error, please, update your code with the most recent alternative found at: https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_register_single_string/. Please, let me know if it helps to solve your issue, have a nice day.

December 6, 2019 at 12:19 am #5080979

oscarC-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!