This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 10:14 am #4091359

leaF

I am trying to: When I activate WPML, pictures start to disappear from the mediathek and later on also from the pages. This can not be seen now, because I just deactivated and reactivated WPML today, but it already starts not showing pictures in the editor cornerstone from the X theme. It also starts to show messages "your Website has a problem" in the Page overview of the dashboard and doesn't show all pages there. It always takes some days until this problem occurs after I turn WPML on, so this cannot be observed today. This is also gone when I deactivate WMPL. The X theme Support said it's a WPML problem that has nothing to do with the theme. When I Deactivate WPML the pictures are back and everything works.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

June 26, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4093013

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I see that you have WPML 4.2.6 installed - can you upgrade to the latest version? You can see all the latest versions here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

However, if a simple plugin update does not resolve the issue, I have an idea on how we can try fixing this. Please see my suggestion:
- install Duplicator https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
- create a Duplicator package when WPML is working and when pictures are also working properly
- wait until the issue happens and create another Duplicator package after it has occurred
- Let me know once you get there

By doing this, it might help us possibly narrow the issue, by comparing databases and finding possible issues there.

There is also one thing I would like to ask you. When you get to the point where you see:

your Website has a problem"

Please do the following:

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Reproduce the issue - open page or pages where you see " your website has a problem"

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Let me know if you have any questions related to the above!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 27, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4099971

leaF

Hi,
thank you. The version update didn't help and when I try to create a package it said "failed".

Today nothing is working. No Pictures, no pages, just chaos.

Where can I find the wp-config.php file?

Thank you

June 27, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4100871

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Where can I find the wp-config.php file?

It is in the root folder of your WordPress installation:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 5, 2019 at 9:59 am #4150033

leaF

Hi there,

1. duplicator ist not supported so I can't activate it
2. I have no access to my config.php file
3. The WordPress support said it is not necessary to change the config.php
4. Instead they told me to download a plugin called Error Log Monitor ad that is interesting:
It gave me plenty of error messages like this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 27031920 bytes) in /wordpress/drop-ins/object-cache.php on line 129
Exception: wp_die was called in /wordpress/plugins/wpcomsh/2.4.22/wpcomsh.php:890
Stack Trace

wpcomsh_wp_die_handler(Object(WP_Error), '', Array)
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/functions.php:3045
wp_die(Object(WP_Error), '', Array)
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php:212
WP_Fatal_Error_Handler->display_default_error_template(Array)
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php:143
WP_Fatal_Error_Handler->display_error_template(Array)
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php:50
WP_Fatal_Error_Handler->handle()
[internal function]:0
{main}

Jun 19, 15:01:10
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 51778784 bytes) in /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/IXR/class-IXR-server.php on line 144

Jun 19, 15:01:12
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48295936 bytes) in /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/IXR/class-IXR-server.php on line 155

Jun 19, 15:01:41
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45314048 bytes) in /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/IXR/class-IXR-server.php on line 155

Jun 20, 17:06:14
Exception: wp_die was called in /wordpress/plugins/wpcomsh/2.4.22/wpcomsh.php:890
Stack Trace

wpcomsh_wp_die_handler('<p>The file <co...', '', Array)
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/functions.php:3045
wp_die('<p>The file <co...')
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-admin/setup-config.php:78
{main}

Jun 26, 11:45:42
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Wrong parameters for Exception([string $message [, long $code [, Throwable $previous = NULL]]]) in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php:87
Stack Trace

Exception->__construct('cornerstone', 'Page content in...')
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php:87
Cornerstone_Model_Content_Content->make_record(NULL)
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php:53
Cornerstone_Model_Content_Content->query(Array)
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/controllers/class-controller-adapter.php:35
Cornerstone_Controller_Adapter->__call('content/content', Array)
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-router.php:586
Cornerstone_Router->get_aggregate_response('adapter::conten...', Array)
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-router.php:540
Cornerstone_Router->controllers(Array)
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-router.php:74
Cornerstone_Router->respond_admin_ajax('')
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:286
do_action('wp_ajax_cs_cont...')
/wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:173
{main}
thrown in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php on line 87
Show 2 more

Jun 27, 14:11:24
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 163840 bytes) in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-migration-duplicator/admin/class-webtoffee-wordpress-migrator-admin.php on line 352

Jun 27, 14:12:47
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 163840 bytes) in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-migration-duplicator/admin/class-webtoffee-wordpress-migrator-admin.php on line 352

Jun 27, 14:12:47
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024000 bytes) in /wordpress/drop-ins/object-cache.php on line 351

Jun 27, 14:13:30

Jun 27, 14:13:30
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024000 bytes) in /wordpress/drop-ins/object-cache.php on line 351

Jul 01, 17:15:59
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_template_part() in /wordpress/themes/pub/twentyseventeen/footer.php:22
Stack Trace

{main}
thrown in /wordpress/themes/pub/twentyseventeen/footer.php on line 22

Jul 01, 20:18:55
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Wrong parameters for Exception([string $message [, long $code [, Throwable $previous = NULL]]]) in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php:87
Stack Trace

/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php:87
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php:53
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/controllers/class-controller-adapter.php:35
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-router.php:586
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-router.php:540
/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/common/class-router.php:74
{main}
thrown in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/models/class-model-content-content.php on line 87
Show 2 more

Jul 01, 20:22:44
Stack Trace

{main}
Show 2 more

Jul 02, 17:56:07
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/wordpress/plugins/jetpack/7.4.1//sync/class.jetpack-sync-settings.php' (include_path='/:.') in /wordpress/plugins/jetpack/7.4.1/modules/sharedaddy/sharing-service.php on line 672

Jul 02, 23:33:30

July 5, 2019 at 10:12 am #4150123

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask who is not allowing you to access your config file? Because as for error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 27031920 bytes) in /wordpress/drop-ins/object-cache.php on line 129

This can mean at least two things:
- your site is heavily loaded with various plugins and the existing memory limit is not sufficient to handle it all, hence triggering the memory exhausted error
-- this means probably that your memory limit is 256MB, so this is where we should start
-- however, you will still need to have access to wp-config.php file, because I'm not aware of any other method how you can modify these values
-- have a look at this thread hidden link
- memory leak (see later)

I suggest you go with something like:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You need to paste this code in wp-config.php file just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’

However, if the PHP memory limit is set to lower value, then this value might not work and you should consult your hosting to assist with this, because we are unable to do so.

On a side note, I'm not entirely sure that this is a memory issue, even though the message suggests so. Based on your debug information and installed plugins, I assume there could be a memory leak somewhere because you would need to have a significant amount of resource heavy plugins to have the use of 512MB of memory.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 5, 2019 at 10:26 am #4150291

leaF

Hi there,

Thank you for the link, I will read.

this was the answer from the WordPress support:

WordPress.com is a fully managed service, so we don't provide access to the filesystem

July 5, 2019 at 10:43 am #4150407

leaF

I have found the problem:

I have a wordpress.com and not a WordPress.org page. You are talking about .org and I'm talking about .com

July 5, 2019 at 11:38 am #4150879

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Are you using WordPress.com hosting or WordPress.com site? From what I see, you can install plugin only on WordPress.com Business plan.
hidden link

Do they have a support offering you an increase in allocated memory?

On the other hand, what happens if you only leave WPML and Cornerstone activated, disabling all the other plugins?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Pictures disappear in the mediathek when I activate WPML’ is closed to new replies.