Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
November 3, 2019 at 8:15 pm

andreyO

I have added new language (en-US) and on some pages pictures do not appear. For other languages it works fine.

e.g.

doesn't work
hidden link

works fine
hidden link

I did media translation after adding the new language.

November 5, 2019 at 7:16 pm #4893111

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Currently, when I check the link to the page where the issue can be seen, I do see the images. Please see the attached screenshot.
Have you fixed this problem already?

Regards,
Itamar.

November 5, 2019 at 7:39 pm #4893291

andreyO

Hello Itmar,

Sorry, I didn't mention, that some of the pictures are not displayed.

if you compare two links, I've sent you, you'll notice, that not all pictures are displayed.

BR,
Andrey

November 6, 2019 at 7:53 pm #4901381

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The two links that you have sent me are identical.
hidden link
Therefore, I don't see any difference.
Can you please send me the correct links?
Please also add screenshots that show which images are missing.

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 6, 2019 at 9:19 pm #4901869

andreyO

Hello,

here you are.

English - OK
hidden link (en.png)

US-English - wrong
hidden link (en-us.png)

br,
Andrey

November 7, 2019 at 11:15 pm #4910339

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've checked things on your site. It is not entirely clear to me yet why this problem of the missing images is happening on the en-us page. I can see that WordPress and WPML + add-ons are not updated on your site. And they have not been updated for quite some time. I could also see that the en-us page was a duplication of the en page. So I've tried the following.

A. In WPML -> Media Translation, I've pressed the start button to duplicate all the images to the other languages, because I thought that maybe those images were missing in the en-us language.

B. I also pressed the 'Translate independently' button on the en-us page because I wanted to make it a regular translation that is just a copy of the en page. I hoped that by updating the translation, the images would show again.

This didn't quite happen. Instead, the en-us page tuned to be a duplication of the German page. That might indicate a problem in the DB regarding the connection of the original page and its translation/duplication. At this stage, I would like to ask you the following.

1. Trash the en-us page and delete it permanently from the trash section.

2. Recreate the duplication or translation (same content in English in this case) of the en page.

Does this help to solve the problem?

If not, then please update everything on your site. Update WordPress itself, WPML + its add-ons, and the WPBakery Page Builder plugin. Then please check if the issue gets resolved.

The documentation on how to work with WPML and the WPBakery plugin can be found here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site, you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 14, 2019 at 9:37 pm #4950287

andreyO

Hello Itmar,

I've tried the creating a transaltion duplicate (as you advised), but got the same result as before.

I will try the update and let you know, if it helps.

--Andrey

November 14, 2019 at 9:50 pm #4950379

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks.

Please let me know the results.

The topic ‘[Closed] Pictures do not appear in translated language’ is closed to new replies.