Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The Pictures of Variations of the translated Products are not available Solution: This was caused by the fact that the Variations (product_variation) Post type was set to "Not translatable" and the Media (attachment) was set to "fallback to default language". The correct setting for both is "Translatable - only show translated items"

You can set those options in WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
August 20, 2018 at 7:51 pm #2660844

mohammedB-5

Hi Dear,
Please note that the Pictures of Variations of the translated Product are not Available ...

Kindly Check this product for example
hidden link
in the English language you can choose the variation and it will change the picture , but in the Arabic language it will not change the picture ..

Please i need solution

August 21, 2018 at 8:17 am #2662250

mohammedB-5

this is the product in the Arabic language
hidden link

when you change the variation (Color) , the picture of the product should be changed !!
Please Help me i need solution

August 21, 2018 at 3:00 pm #2663691

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

1. Can you please tell me if this happens with all the products or for just a few?

This can be a cache issue.

2. Can you please try to Purge the cache and to temporarily disable the cache plugin while you try the following steps?
❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

- Open the original product for edit
- Verify that all the translations are updated (pencil icon)
- Make a small edit in the product (add something)
- Update the original product
- Update the translated products

3. Check if the images are available for all languages
- Go to WPML -> Settings
- Scroll down to the "Media Translation" section
- Select all the options on that section
- Press the "Start" button
- When the procedure is over, try again the steps above.

4. If that didn't work try these steps:
- Open the original product
- Remove the affected images
- Update the product
- Add the images again
- Update the product

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you

August 21, 2018 at 3:51 pm #2663863

mohammedB-5

i tried but still its not changed in the translated product

August 21, 2018 at 3:54 pm #2663866

mohammedB-5

i imported the product using (ShopMaster) then i translated it , but how to translate the product including the variation correctly !!!?

August 21, 2018 at 3:56 pm #2663871

mohammedB-5

when i edited the translated product , then i opened the (variations) . i saw that the variations are locked and its mentioned (you cannot change the variations , its same as the original product)

August 21, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2663932

mohammedB-5

Update >>>
now i can see that the Pictures of the translated product are not available
so when i added the picture of variation its working perfectly ...

but its very difficult to add all the pictures of variations
Please give me solution i think there is problem in the translation because the pictures of attributes of variations are not imported

August 21, 2018 at 4:34 pm #2664001

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
- hidden link

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

Thank you

August 21, 2018 at 5:14 pm #2664103

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

1. I can see that the Variations (product_variation) Post type is set to "Not translatable" and the Media (attachment) is set to "fallback to default language".
- The correct setting for both is "Translatable - only show translated items"

You can set those settings in WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation

2. You also need to translate the product attributes.
- See: WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status

3. Once you corrected the above issues, try the steps in my previous answers.

4. If those steps are not working, you can try the tools in WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Troubleshooting page

Thank you

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#variations

August 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm #2664306

mohammedB-5

Thanks

August 29, 2018 at 2:09 pm #2686655

mohammedB-5

Hi Dear,
i have one question please related to the same issue .

i am using (ShopMaster) to monitor the products in websites like Aliexpress and to update the price automatically , so if the price of the original product is changed then we need to update the price of the translated product by click (update) in the WCML .

but if we have 20 or 30 Products / day , this will be very difficult , so please how i can update the price of all the products easily ????

August 29, 2018 at 2:12 pm #2686658

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

you can use the bulk update feature.
See: hidden link
You just need to update all the products without changing anything.

If this is not helping, may I ask you to open a new ticket?

This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you

August 29, 2018 at 2:19 pm #2686681

mohammedB-5

No its not helping , i have to the select the products for each pages again ! its not easy to do this , why there is No (one button) to update the prices !

please reply here because i do not have time to open new ticket

August 29, 2018 at 2:26 pm #2686710

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

If I understand correctly, the procedure works but you wish a quicker way to update all the products?
- Am I right?

1. Did you try using the first checkbox to select all the products at once?

2. You can also increase the number of products per page in the "Screen Options" in the top right of the products page.

3. You can try using the troubleshooting tools available in WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Troubleshooting page

August 29, 2018 at 3:10 pm #2686930

mohammedB-5

usually the update of the translated products is from the WCML not from the list of the products , so i do not know how this will help ?

also its not a perfect solution to select the products one by one to edit , here should be a button to (update the products which need the update) !

please if there is another solution tell me