This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 11:43 pm #4584509

doorF

I am trying to:
make wpml work smoothly after migrating from polylang. Stuck on redirect fail notice in wp dashboard even after placing it in different locations in .htaccess file. What am I doing wrong?
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: no issues

Instead, I got:

Polylang used to redirect traffic from hidden link to hidden link but WPML isn't doing this. If you have incoming links to hidden link, you should redirect this traffic to your site's root. To do this, add the following line to your .htaccess file:
RedirectMatch 301 //$ hidden link

September 17, 2019 at 7:42 am #4586113

doorF

Any one?

September 17, 2019 at 5:44 pm #4590471

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Clarification
I am a bit confused by the following:

You wrote: "..Polylang used to redirect traffic from hidden link to hidden link.."

These URLs look the same to me. Am I overlooking something obvious?

2. WPML and Redirection
WPML does not do any kind of redirection apart from the Browser Language Redirect described here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

We do rewrite the permalinks - but no "redirects" are executed.

Wiating for your clarifications

The topic ‘[Closed] placed redirect in .htaccess file as instructed but notice keeps popping up’ is closed to new replies.