This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Davide

Hi,

all the php placeholder strings of 'RnB - WooCommerce Booking & Rental Plugin' are translated from english to italian (e.g. 'placeholder' => __('Pricing Info', 'redq-rental') but translation in italian does not appear on the front end.

I'va try to add in function.php file of child theme functions like __() or _e(), however already provided by the developer of the plugin, the translation is printed to video in the header of page.

Thanks in advance for support

July 22, 2019 at 4:21 pm #4259867

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Would you please give an example of a page in the frontend where I can see this issue?

Can you also paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

This may be a compatibility issue, would you like to reproduce it on one of our minimal servers with a default theme(Twentynineteen)? Here a one-click login URL to one of our servers:
hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

July 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm #4260205

Davide

Hello Jamal,

I did a quick test on your Sandbox wp theme, installed plugin, produced Italian version of the product 'Sunglasses' in two different ways: in the first case duplicating the English version and in the second case translating with WPML's Translation Editor from En to It.
In both cases the translation of the string 'Pricing Info' appears translate correctly in Italian front end.

The only thing I noticed is that in 'String Translation' section on Sandbox theme not appear the 'view in source' icon next to the string 'Pricing Info', in my Apparire theme instead it appears.

July 23, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4266041

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

As this was not reproduced in the Sandbox, I'll say that either this is related to the theme or that the string translation is somehow not working on your website.

To check the first case(related to the theme), would you like to use your theme in the sandbox server for further checking?

To check the second case(translation of the string not working), would you please allow me temporary access to your website? I activated the private box to share credentials safely.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 23, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4266445

Davide

Hello,

install my theme (Uncode) on sandbox server I prefer not for now, among other things these strings of text that do not appear in Italian are of the 'RnB - WooCommerce Booking & Rental Plugin' and not of the theme.

Wp access credentials are in my first message of ticket opening.

Nothing in debug info posted yesterday?

July 23, 2019 at 4:48 pm
July 23, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4268265

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I made sure that the string is translated and cleared the cache to no avail. Then I scanned again the booking extension to check if there was another string to no avail, either.

T investigate this issue further, I have created a server on our platform and sent you instructions to migrate your website there. This would help us exclude any possible issue with your server setup and eventually be easy to involve other teams in the resultion of this issue.

Please let me know when the migration is done.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 24, 2019 at 11:07 am #4273653

Davide

Hello,

migration is done, you need change the database password in the wp-config.php file because in the migration setup I was not asked for.

July 24, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4276309

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to translate Pricing Info on the migrated site. But I could not find the same string on your website to try it. Here what I did in order.
1. Deactivated all plugins except WPML ones, WooCommerce, the booking extension, and Uncode plugins. This did not work.
2. Switched to a default theme(Twentyseventeen). Did not work.
3. Deactivated Uncode plugins.
At this stage, another string was present in WPML->String Translation under the domain "admin_texts_rnb_pricing_flipbox_info_title" which is for theme/plugins options. I translated the string and it resolves the issue for the default theme.
I activated back all the plugins and reverted to the apparire.it (child) theme and it worked for that too.

I went back to your website to search in admin strings(theme/plugin options) for the string to translate it, but it is not there. I assume that the string was not registered until I deactivated Uncode plugins. Would you like to try that on your website too? Please do the following.
1. Deactivate all plugins
2. Switch back to twentyseventeen theme.
3. Visit a bookable product page in Italian, to force the registration of the string.
4. Search for "Pricing Info" in String Translation and translate it if available.
5. Verify the bookable product in Italian to see if the string is translated.
If everything is alright, activate your plugins and switch back to your theme to check.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 24, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4276367

Davide

Hello,

meanwhile, while you were doing your tests on migrated website copy, I made some changes to the wpml setup and specifically to Custom Term Meta Translation and Post Types Translation, I also reinstalled plugins and suddenly all the strings appeared translated into Italian.
All the ones I've tried except one, (at least for now) 'Choose Inventory' despite being translated into Italian it remains in English.

July 24, 2019 at 5:59 pm #4276775

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Would you please try again in the migrated site. Do the same steps as suggested in my previous message. Start with minimal setup(twentyseventeen+WooCommerce+Booking extension+WPML extensions) and check if the issue is still there.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 29, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4300375

Davide

Hello,

I can't do the required tests in the migrated site, you need change the database password in the wp-config.php file because in the migration setup I was not asked for.

July 29, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4301343

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I think, that there was some huge traffic on our migrated site that causes the errors to connect to the database. We won't need to update database credentials as the migration plugins take care of it. In fact, I was previously able to log in there and investigate until I came to my suggestions for the first string.

Please try again and let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 29, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4301359

Davide

Hello,

I do not know, I only know that on a migrated site I can not do tests, images loaded in product do not appear and often by mistake connection to database.

July 29, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4302525

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I'll be off tomorrow, and I'll continue on this issue the day after. I will try to perform those actions and see if it will resolve the issue for that string too.

Best regards,
Jamal