Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 11:38 am #4313975

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Please help me locate the "Choose Inventory" string, I was not able to find it in the bookable products neither in the migrated site nor on your website. I checked the following pages:
- hidden link
- hidden link

Please note that the migrated site may present "Error establishing a database connection" because of the scarce resources right now. In this case, just wait a couple of minutes and try again.

Please provide a link and a screenshot to locate the string.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 10:40 am #4320667

Davide

Hello,

on the site migrated to Cloudways I continue to not see the images and therefore not succeed in producing the problem.

On my site I had hidden string not translated into Italian (sorry), now it's visible, to produce a issue you have to make the booking for the rental (rent page) of 'Canon EOS 5D Mark IV body' and put it in the cart, after which you will see on the check-out page the writing
'Choose Inventory' 'not translated into Italian.

The same problem happens to me with another string 'Pay via PayPal; you can pay with your credit card if you don’t have a PayPal account.', translated into Italian in all installed plugins, but I still see in English only on the Italian check-out page.

Thanks!

August 1, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4322779

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We have a bot that removes all files in the uploads folder to clean up the server. We should instruct it to not do so, but I did not think that images will help us investigate this issue.

I was able to find the string on the migrated site. See the attached image. But I was not able to add a bookable product to the cart to check if the string is correctly translated.

On your website, I was able to see the issue, book a product and access the cart. But I am not able to access the backend, every time I get redirected to hidden link either through hidden link or hidden link

Please help me reproduce the issue on our server or connect to your server where I was able to reproduce it.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 3:58 pm #4323681

Davide

Hello,

try again now with support credential, redirection should be resolved.

Thanks!

August 1, 2019 at 4:26 pm #4324041

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

It seems that the "Choose Inventory" string is configured in each product, see the attached image for it and its translation. I completed the translation after updating the product.
(choose-inventory-label-translation.png, choose-inventory-label-translation.png)

That did not resolve the issue for the current cart. So, I emptied the cart then tried again to book the same product but the cart was different now, please check the attached image(second-cart.png).

I suspect that I broke the quantity or something else for the product after updating it and its translation.

I wonder if, with this information, you can try again or fix the product so I can test the cart again?

Best regards,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4324491

Davide

Hello,

unfortunately I’ve not yet found the correct setup for inventory translation management with WPMLi and it often happens that the single product loses the association with the corresponding inventory, as has happened to you now with the Italian version of “Canon 5d mark IV body” product.

You should edit product and reassign the inventory.
From today and for few day I'll be out of the office so I can't do it.

Thanks!

August 2, 2019 at 8:51 am #4328275

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I'll set this ticket as needing client feedback until you be able to work on it.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 2, 2019 at 9:08 am #4328359

Davide

Hello,

I restored product “Canon 5d mark IV body” and other all rentable product with relative "inventory", you can now work on it.

The same problem of placeholder translated but not shown on page have with another string 'Pay via PayPal; you can pay with your credit card if you don’t have a PayPal account.', is visible in check-out page during purchase finalization (screenshot attached).

Thanks!

August 2, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4329829

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I tried it again, and I had to make the label settings local rather than global to be able to fix it. See the attached images.

I then went to the global settings and saved them again in English, then tried to search for them in String Translation->admin strings to no avail. I guess that the workaround now is to set the label settings for all products as local settings.

You can also ask the plugin author to join our Go Global Program https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ in order to make the plugin fully compatible with WPML.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 2, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4329969
Davide

Hello,

in fact using the plugin I realized (not just me) that it has several issues.

Even the declared compatibility (WPML Ready) is not up to date and like the documentation, the authors promised to update it 2 years ago.
Thanks for the support!

You can also see for the similar problem I have with the string
'Pay via PayPal; you can pay with your credit card if you don't have a PayPal account. ', it is the default for 'WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway' plugin but it can also be customized by user.

Or do I have to open another ticket?

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pay-with-paypal-is-not-translated-in-secondary-language/

August 2, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4330501

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for missing that point. Indeed we should create another ticket as per our support rules. We are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed.

I created another ticket for this issue, I'll be replying there.

Best regards,
Jamal