This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 11:45 am #2777891

ugurE

I am trying to translate the placeholders in the billing field, but they show up in the original language, eventhough i have translated them in the String Translation in all languages.

October 2, 2018 at 8:03 pm #2782664

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I see that you have a checkout field editor plugin installed. Is the field you are trying to translate the placeholder on a standard field or is it one created with the checkout field editor? If it was created or changed, it may need to be added via WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration. You can see this similar ticket for reference: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocheckout-manager-string-translated-but-not-showing-on-site/#post-1238213

If it is a standard field, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WooCommerce and WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

The topic ‘[Closed] Placeholders of billing fields in Checkout Page wont translate’ is closed to new replies.