This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Please contact support database problem

Solution:Once you assign the strings to a non-admin translator, when the translator logs in, if they click on String Translation in the left menu, they will see the strings available for translation in their queue.

But since you are an admin and the string translations are assigned to you, you can translate them at WPML -> String Translation.

You can filter by status on String Translation [waiting for translator].

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinH-16 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 7:14 am #2823469

martinH-16

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Array
(
[language] => cs
[context] => layout-1406
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => fc3b5a2c6d58ce13c8c159967b156a9b
[name] => s18096_box_image
[value] => hidden link
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

+ I cant translate strings. I dont see them in translation management after I add them to translation.

October 17, 2018 at 3:20 pm #2825116

martinH-16

I moved site to langon.cz

I still can not translate the strings. Something is happening. Please help.

October 17, 2018 at 10:48 pm #2826046

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

are you still seeing the first notice ? what are your results if you "x" it out and then reload the screen ? This notice usually happens due to a NULL string within the wp_icl_strings Database table , but it should not pose an issue with the way the site and WPML works.

you mentioned that "I still can not translate the strings" , are you going to WPML->String Translation and you cannot find the strings ?

October 18, 2018 at 9:56 am #2827518

martinH-16

Hello Bobby, I can see the strings. Then I add them to translation basket and assign them to translator.

But when translator goes to the translations, he can not see any strings for translation there.

The first error probably dissapeared after site migration.

October 18, 2018 at 6:49 pm #2829245

Bobby
Supporter

Please go to WPML->Translation Management->Add translators-> make sure to add yourself as a translation manager and then add a translator.

if you have done that already please verify that your translator is set up for the specific language pair.

let me know your results

October 22, 2018 at 2:47 pm #2838508

martinH-16

Hello, this doesnt work, I am already a translator manager. I am only one user.

1) Add string to translation basket
2) Assing it to translator (me)
3) I receive e-mail, click on start translating link, open all translation queue
4) I can not find strings in equeue (also, I can not filter by strings)

I can give you login informations if you want to look

October 22, 2018 at 5:26 pm #2839193

Bobby
Supporter

Yes please if possible i would like to take a closer look

also let me know which strings you are trying to translate

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

October 30, 2018 at 1:51 am #2859887

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

thank you for the access details !

i have confirmed that what you are seeing is an expected behavior.

Once you assign the strings to a non-admin translator, when the translator logs in, if they click on String Translation in the left menu, they will see the strings available for translation in their queue.

But since you are an admin and the string translations are assigned to you, you can translate them at WPML -> String Translation.

You can filter by status on String Translation [waiting for translator].

October 30, 2018 at 9:56 am #2861140

martinH-16

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!