Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
February 7, 2018 at 1:35 am #1509300

golgiA

I bought the plugin to migrate my site from QtranslateX to WPML.
The problem is than when I try to use the migration with qtranslate importer, the message;

Please save the qTranslate settings to the datbase first.

I saw a thread help in the forum, but there´s not a general solution.

My site is in egnlish original and haves translations to 19 languages with qtranslateX

the site is: hidden link

I want to know if some body can help me.

February 8, 2018 at 6:11 pm #1511982

Cristina

Hello,

thanks for contacting us on this and sorry for any delays.

I understand that you are stuck because you don't know what it means when there is the instruction to backup the database.

So this instruction

So the process is more or less this:

Steps before starting the import:

- Backup the database and ideally the whole site. To do this you can use a backup plugin and make a fresh copy. In case any problem appears, you can restore the copy you made and start fresh.

- Check the qTanslate language settings:
The original languages in qtranslate should have the same setting as the langauges defined in WPML. That is the language codes should be the same to show the content in that language after the import. So if you have any custom language codes like "tw" for traditional chinese and WPML uses the code zh_hant, the languages will not match together.

- Deactivate all other plugins to avoid problems.

Steps in WPML to prepare for the import:

- Go to WPML > Support > troubleshooting page and chose the option "RESET" at the bottom of the page to reset all translation and language data for WPML. This deactivates WPML.
As the qTranslate WPML importer imports all information it may get stuck if there is already existing information, that will block the import.

- Enable WPML again, without String Translation and the rest of WPML addons.

Steps for the import process:

- Start the import process and see if all batches of 10 posts are imported. They will appear in a list until it is finished. It may take some time.

- After the import check if all languages have been imported. If any is missing, you can check in the database if there is any content with an original language code from the old qtranslate language codes. That language is not correctly assigned and this can be corrected.

If you already followed these steps as described in the guidelines and it did not work, we would like to have some more information about the site and configuration.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/qtranslate-importer/#with-wpml

I am enabling the debug information box for your next reply. To get some more information about your problem, please fill in the debug information for your next answer. You will find the debug info in WPML > Support > debug information. Just copy the text in the grey area and paste it into the field. This way I can see more about the settings and the site structure.

Kind regards,
Cristina

February 9, 2018 at 8:33 pm #1513388

golgiA

Hello,
I tried but nothing happen.

I am ready with my backup, and have ready a ftp account and password for you, too I have an access to cpanel and wp - admin for you.

Please give me a mail to send you that information.

February 12, 2018 at 6:59 pm #1515314

Cristina

Hello,

thanks for the feedback and the debug information, and sorry for the delays.

There are some issues that could be a problem here, as the site does not match all minimum requirements for WPML.

The recommended PHP version is 5.6 or above, and your site now is using PHP 5.4 which is already not supported by PHP anymore.
MySQL 5.5. is supported, but we recommend to use 5.6 or above.

There could be issues with that.

I am enabling the private reply box for your next answer.

Kind regards,
Cristina

The topic ‘[Closed] Please save the qTranslate settings to the datbase first.’ is closed to new replies.