Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rolandd-5 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 1:09 pm #4004651

rolandd-5

Please see ticket #post-4004641

That ticket is closed but not yet solved. See my last comment.

"Hi Andreas,

The last update was almost a success. Everything is OK except for 1 translation on the 'Completed order' email. The Payment method (like BACS) is in the site's default language.

That's the only thing which is not correct. For the rest....everything is translated correct on all emails.

Regards,

Roland"

June 13, 2019 at 1:56 am #4008273

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Roland,

Thank you for your message.

The URL provided in the last ticket seems not to be valid anymore. Could you please provide access again in order for me to investigate the issue?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

June 13, 2019 at 5:08 pm #4015809

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

On your wesbite are 21 Updates available. The issue should a have been solved in WooCommerce Multilingual 4.6.5 and please also update any other plugin, specially WoOComemrce and WPML related.

Further, do I understand right, that onlz the name of the payment method is untranslated? BACS for example is a name of it own and would be translated into the same in other languages.
hidden link

Could you please provide a screenshot to clarify the issue?

Let me know if the issue persists.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 14, 2019 at 6:26 am #4018711

rolandd-5

Hi Andreas,

I'll update the other plugins and do a test again.

BACS can be translated by its own. I know. What I mean is the payment method name for BACS like for Dutch "Directe bankoverschrijving", for German "Per Bankuberweisung", for French "Virement Bancaire" etc.

So not BACS itself, but the method.

Regards,

June 14, 2019 at 6:40 am #4018727

rolandd-5

Hi Andreas,

Updated all plugins, WP and WOO and the issue remains.

Regards,

June 14, 2019 at 8:09 pm #4023983

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have just tested WPML inclusive its add-ons and WooCommerce with their latest version on a new installation of WordPress.

I would like to invite you to have a short look at the site:

One Click Login: hidden link

The site has two languages, default English and German as second language. I completed the setup wizards, created a product and translated it. Then I purchased the product on the German store page. Afterwards I went to Orders and changed the Status first to processing and then to Completed.

If you go to Settings -> Emails Catch All zou will be able to see all 4 emails that have ben send out for this purchase.

In fact everything looks fine here. Take note that the one English email with German purchase information is ment to be sent only to the store admin.

Could you please clarify on which of the emails the strings for "Direct Bank Transfer" are not translated correctly?

I also checked zour site and realized that you translated the string son String Translation. Usually this would not be necessary, like in my example above in the text.

Now visit on your website the section WooCommerce -> Status. I have enabled the wp-debug feature and zou should see in the top an error as this:

_function() is deprecated in /home/deb77126n14/domains/wordpress-voor-beginners.nl/public_html/sun11/wp-content/themes/sunnytent/inc/woocommerce.php on line 553

Notice: wpcf7_add_shortcode is verouderd sinds Contact Form 7 versie 4.6; gebruik in plaats daarvan wpcf7_add_form_tag. in /home/deb77126n14/domains/wordpress-voor-beginners.nl/public_html/sun11/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/includes/functions.php on line 374

This indicates errors within the theme on the file woocommerce.php. This file is included in the theme to set the default layout of your store.
Now, if you scroll more down on the WooCommerce Status section zou will find the following information:

Your theme has a woocommerce.php file. You will not be able to overwrite the woocommerce / archive-product.php template because woocommerce.php has priority over archive-product.php. This is intended to prevent display problems.

sunnytent/woocommerce/archive-product.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/cart/cart.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/checkout/form-checkout.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/checkout/form-shipping.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/checkout/terms.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/checkout/thankyou.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/content-product.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/content-single-product.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/emails/customer-completed-order.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/emails/customer-note.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/emails/customer-on-hold-order.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/emails/customer-processing-order.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/emails/customer-refunded-order.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/emails/email-order-items.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/global/quantity-input.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/single-product/product-attributes.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/single-product/rating.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/single-product-reviews.php,
sunnytent/woocommerce/single-product.php

This means that WooCommerce is with the currently used theme not able to overwrite the template files, which include the WooCommerce Emails.

Go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Emails. Now open the first email template for order completed. You will see that this email is saved in sunnytent/woocommerce/emails/customer-completed-order.php

As you can see above WooCommerce is not able to overwrite this template file which might be the cause for the issue. The problem is Theme related and caused bz the themes woocommerce.php file.

There is another issue with Contact Form 7.

To clarifiy the issue further could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

As I am quiet sure that the issue is theme realted I would ask you to contact the SunnyTent Theme support for additional assistance. Please disable the theme and test with a WordPress
default theme. Let me know about the results.

If the issue persists disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons or WooCommerce itself.
If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

I know this might be a lot of testing but the plugin Emails Catch All as example can make it more easy. It is for free to donwload from wordpress.org.

Let me know about the outcome in order to be able to assist you further.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 17, 2019 at 7:02 am #4032563

rolandd-5

Hi Andreas,

In another theme, the problem is gone. So it's something in the theme.
Thanks