This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 10:51 am #2811669

aliceL-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

October 15, 2018 at 1:35 pm #2817766

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

STEP 1:

Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for the words "read more"?

Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

STEP 2:

There are big chances that this wording might be coming from the theme's strings and probably they haven't been fully scanned yet.

1. Go to your WordPress backend
2. Go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization
3. Scroll to the "Strings in the themes" section, check the box next to your theme's name and click the blue "Scan selected themes for strings" button
4. After the scanning ends, go to WPML > String translation and search again for the words you mentioned, one by one.

You should be able to find the words now.

STEP 3

Regarding the form, I see that it has been created with Contact Form 7.

The way to create translations for Contact Form 7 forms is by following the documentation here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

Practically you can simply duplicate each of the forms, translate all the content (labels, placeholder text, the messages the form shows on the screen on interaction etc.) and then use each of the unique shortcodes in the translated version of the content that you built.

Please let me know if this solved your issues or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your answer.

Kind regards,
Mihai