This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 25, 2018 at 5:55 pm #1816847

adamO-3

I am trying to: Fix the search bar tool on my website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
- only english products show up when searched in the english site
- only french products show up when searched in the french site
- the site remains english when searching products on the english site
- the site remains french when searching products on the french site
- the product results are on the first page when searched, not the second page

Instead, I got:
- When you search a product (for example #3031) in the english site, both the french AND the english products show up
- When you search products in the french site (for example #3031) the site reverts back to english and you can see both the french AND the english products
- When you search products in the english site (for example #3325) nothing comes up on the first page of results, you have to navigate to the second page to see the results
- When you search products in the french site (for example #3325) the site reverts back to english and nothing comes up on the first page of results, you have to navigate to the second page to see the results

April 25, 2018 at 5:56 pm #1816851

adamO-3

I need help. This Problem has not been solved.

April 27, 2018 at 12:00 pm #1858921

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for contact us. I will try to do my best to help you.

This issue can be done by a third party plugin or by the theme itself. I would ask you to do a basic troubleshooting following these steps:

- Back up your site first
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML or WooCommerce
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue
- Also, remind to activate the theme to check if the issue comes from it.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Have a good day.

May 3, 2018 at 7:45 pm #1965651

adamO-3

I still need help please. This did not work.

May 4, 2018 at 8:11 am #1970580

José Arcos

Hello again, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you.

May 7, 2018 at 11:33 am #2010208

José Arcos

I have escalated this to our 2nd Tier Support team. I will be working with the developers to find the cause and resolution and will keep you updated here. Thanks for your patience while we continue to troubleshoot.

May 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2075493

José Arcos

Hello again, I would ask you for permission to download a snapshot of your site. I would install the duplicator plugin in order to get a full copy of your site and I will remove it from my computer when I have finished to debugging. One of the tests that I need to do is if the issue happens with a default theme like twenty-seventeen. It seems that you are using a custom theme, and the root of the issue can be there. We can not provide support for custom development, but we need to make sure that the issue does not come from our side.

Please, let me know if I can create a site snapshot and download it. Thanks.

May 14, 2018 at 7:52 pm #2126534

adamO-3

Yes, you can create a site snapshot and download it. Thanks

May 15, 2018 at 11:05 am #2136665

José Arcos

Hello again, I have just downloaded a copy of your site and I'm taking a look at it. I will back to you later today with more info.

Thanks for your patience.

May 17, 2018 at 7:24 am #2168534

José Arcos

Hello again, this is just an update that we are still working on your issue. Thank you for your patience.

May 22, 2018 at 3:37 pm #2209876

José Arcos

Hello again, thanks for the waiting time. I will share with you this guide that explain how to create a custom search template: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/creating-multilingual-wordpress-themes/search-form/

Anyways, what we can see on your site is that you are using custom development, in the case of repeated results, these posts come from a CPT created by one of your custom plugins. I would ask you to review the code, and if you need further assistance, contact one of our contractors: https://wpml.org/contractors

We can not provide support for custom developments, but our contractors are experts in our product and can help you to do it.

Have a nice day.

June 11, 2018 at 3:22 pm #2405539

adamO-3

Hi Jose.

I'm a little frustrated because the plugin is doing exactly what it says in the guide.
You asked for credentials and to download a snapshot of our site, but did not provide us with any helpful information in your response.
Can you provide more information about what we need to do in order to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Jade

June 12, 2018 at 6:34 pm #2409401

José Arcos

Hello again, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. I would like to help you but as I said in my previous answer, the issue is related to your theme, and it's a custom theme, so we can not provide support for custom development like themes and plugins. I would suggest you again to contact one of our contractors, they will help you to find the root of the issue: https://wpml.org/contractors

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a good day.