Due to the large volume of support requests, you may experience longer wait until a supporter handles your request. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We do not have any recurring unknown issues so we encourage you to please search the forum for other support topics that might be helpful and to review our documentation and look at our erratas page for known issues. A supporter will respond to you as soon as possible.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Related documentation: How to Download and Install WPML and Receive Automated Updates

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  IrinaS 1 year, 7 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is IrinaS.

Author Posts
Author Posts
April 15, 2016 at 10:41 am #862048

adeleb

I am trying to:
remove WPML Multilingual CMS
URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link
I expected to see:removed

Instead, I got: Plugin could not be deleted due to an error: Could not fully remove the plugin(s) sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php.

Steps to duplicate the issue:

April 15, 2016 at 12:47 pm #862158

IrinaS
Forum moderator

Dear adeleb,

To remove the plugin you can go to WPML->Support.
Find the Troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page
There, you'll find an option to completely remove all of WPML's data.

You might also want to delete it manually from FTP and database
In the database, you would need to delete all tables that start with the "icl_" prefix.

Kind regards,
Irina

The topic ‘[Closed] Plugin could not be deleted due to an error: Could not fully remove the plugin’ is closed to new replies.