This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bojanJ-3 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 3, 2019 at 11:05 am #3525195

bojanJ-3

I am trying to: set up the correct language for a user registration plugin (profile-builder-pro) - installed strings.
I tried this also with another user registration plugin - strings.
German is the default site language

I expected to see:
The standard language is German for the strings OR
to change the default language from English to German

Instead, I got:
German strings classified as English.
And I cannot change the default language from English to German for the plugin installed strings using the language selector for strings. It somehow does not work when I change the language.

April 3, 2019 at 12:04 pm #3525805

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this situation.

The actions that you executed are the "correct" ones to achieve the results that you want. Our task is to determine why the task is not completing.

I checked the status of your server and found that you are not meeting the minimum installation requirements for normal WPML operation.
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Notably, you are using a version of MySQL < 5.6

This may or may not be related to the problem you are having but to discard this possibility, please enquire with your server support about the possibility to upgrade your database to at least 5.6.

I wait for your response.

April 3, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3526267

bojanJ-3

The MySQL ver is managed on server of very big hosting company. I have no influence.

April 3, 2019 at 1:46 pm #3526701

Yvette
Supporter

In this case, I would suggest that we migrate your site to one of our Cloudways servers where we know that the environment meets minimum requirements. This is easy but does require some steps on your part. I am including the instructions below and if you agree, I will follow up with the "private info" in a separate private response to you.

=================================

To troubleshoot this issue without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).
If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.
To do the migration please follow these simple steps:

1.Install this plugin in your site: Cloudways WordPress Migrator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/)

2. After you activate it you will be redirected to the migration form

3. Fill it with this information: (to be provided in a private response)

4. Agree with the terms of service and click on "Migrate"

5. More information:
hidden link
You will get an email when the migration starts, and one when the migration ends.

6. Let me know when the migration is ready and I will check the issue in the test site immediately.
The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.

The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

April 3, 2019 at 2:11 pm #3526987

Yvette
Supporter

The private section above has the rest of the details you need to migrate your installation to Coudways. Please let me know whe it is completed

April 3, 2019 at 2:48 pm #3527515

bojanJ-3

if the domain / parts are selected and language in the drop down list is choose (without pressing any buttons after) the default language should change ? or should I press something else?

April 3, 2019 at 3:36 pm #3528163

Yvette
Supporter

I´m sorry, but I don´t understand your question. Does it have to do with the migration?

If so, I don´t actually have experience on that side of the process. Let´s try using the suggested values and if the migration does not work - we can then try again this time changing the values.

April 3, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3528275

bojanJ-3

I am not willing to share the development. Please answer me the question and confirm me for changing the default language:
- if the domain / parts are selected and language in the drop down list is choosen (without pressing any buttons after) the default language should change ? or should I press something else?

April 3, 2019 at 4:55 pm #3528975

bojanJ-3

I have actualized the mysql to 5.7 but still same problems.
The WPML is not functional, and therefore my website, please support me.

April 3, 2019 at 4:59 pm #3529071

bojanJ-3

This one is still not functional. even if I choose the language, the apply (Anwenden) is not possible.

April 3, 2019 at 5:29 pm #3529347

Yvette
Supporter

Ok. We´ll see how far we can get.

First- what screen are you showing me? Please remembe that I do not speak/read German. If you can explain the steps you took to get to that screen or include a snapshot of the ENTIRE screen, it would be more helpful.

The more information your provide, the better and faster I can help you.

April 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm #3529937

bojanJ-3

Sure. But since you develop this software, and there are just several screens, the screens are rather intuitive and what I am trying to show. Please do not forget -> IT IS YOUR SOFTWARE. You should know the screens.
Here once again the screens as steps 1-5. It is in German since the default language s German and somehow I can not change and show it in English (this you should also know-it is a functionality of WPML). At the end I can not choose the language for the domain. This is basically what I described in my FIRST message.
Even if I choose the language, still it is not selected at the end and can not be changed. See step 5.

Please provide me a support how to change the language for some domain. Since, obviously it doesn't work. And this is since weeks. I need the fix immediately ! Please ask your team members how to fix this issue. I have paid for this product and I want it functional as proposed.

April 4, 2019 at 7:25 am #3532821

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I now understand that these screens are the pop-up windows that appear when you attempt to change the language of the strings.

You wrote: "Please ask your team members how to fix this issue. I have paid for this product and I want it functional as proposed."

As I mentioned in my first response, you are executing the correct steps. If this is not working for you, it may be because there is a conflict with one of your plugins, themes or your server setup. The steps are working in our test setup and we do not have any other reports of this kind from other clients.

Since you will not provide access to your site, nor will you migrate your site to a cloudway server, the only thing I can do for you is to provide suggested steps to diagnose the error. These are the standard troubleshooting steps any of our supporters would be executing.

1. Minimal Setup
First, please check if the problem still exists when you deactivate your non-WPML Plugins. If the problem does NOT appear, then systematically activate your plugins one-by-one until you find the plugin that is linked to the problem.

2. Activate WordPress Debug
To reveal any kind of PHP errors that might be happening, please activate the debug mode for WordPress by adding/changing the following line in your wp-config.php file

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Then, execute the action and see if any warnings/errors are appearing on your screen. Please cut/&paste these into your next reply.

3. Javascript Errors
It may be that the problem is occurring at a javascript level. Please open the inspector/developer mode for your browser. Execute the action and view any console errors that might come in. Communicate the to us any errors your see or take a screenshot and send it in your next reply.

April 4, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3535399

bojanJ-3

From console:

Loading failed for the <script> with source “hidden link. admin.php:152:1
Loading failed for the <script> with source “hidden link. admin.php:153:1
Loading failed for the <script> with source “hidden link. admin.php:163:1

April 4, 2019 at 3:56 pm #3536739

Yvette
Supporter

Could you confirm that this Javascript error is happening when you have all non-WPML plugins deactivated ?

Would you be willing to provide a Duplicator of your site that we could debug?
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

In the hope that this is possible, I am opening the private area for you to provide this. You can use Duplicator to filter some of the more important data or plugis if you are concerned about data privacy but please let me know what tables are filtered so I can be aware what I need to provide to install the clone.