This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by felixH-10 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 10:30 am #2795529

maxdes

Hello,

I am trying to:
Use "Fancy Product Designer" plugin to create customisable products in multilanguage version (italian and english).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
This is the product in italian language
hidden link

And this is the english version:
hidden link

As you can see, there is no product product designer artboard on the left and no form on the right.

I expected to see:
The same page, with the customizable image on the left and the form with the names on the right.

Instead, I got:
Please see the link above, english version.

I know it that 99% is not a WPML fault, but the plugin developers, in the marketplace where I bought it, states that the plugin is WPML compatible.
However, when I tried to use the shortcode, it is not working.

The reason why I am getting in contact with WPML support is to try and understand if there is any procedure to fix this. I am a developer, so I can do that, but WPML is very complex and I would need a hint to be more efficient and quick.

Thanks,
Max

October 8, 2018 at 11:48 am #2795875

maxdes

I Found out that if I create duplicate instead of translation for the Woocommerce product, everything seems to work fine.
However, I can't find how to swap from translated to duplicate, as described in this guide:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

I can't see the same settings for the products.

Thanks
Max

October 8, 2018 at 3:37 pm #2796769

maxdes

Sorry for the "persistence" but I am working on the issue in the meanwhile and found a solution.
The plugin is working fine if you change the default Woocommerce multilingual settings.

After you install WPML Woocommerce extension, you can go to WooCommerce / WooCommerce multilingual, then "Settings", and select the option to use the WooCommerce native editing interface instead of the "WPML translation editor".
The system says the setting is not recommended, but if I do so, the two products (one in italian and the corresponding english version) are treated not like synced. I can edit them independently and I can use Fancy Product Designer fine.

Now, what I would really like to know is if the option to use the WooCommerce native editing is something dangerous for the system, or if it is an option that will be dismissed in future, or if it is OK to use it.

Thanks
Max

October 9, 2018 at 7:07 am #2798496

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Max.

I'm glad that you have found a solution to the issue with the Fancy Product Designer plugin.

Although that the author of the plugin states that this plugin is compatible with WPML/WooCommerce Multilingual, it is not officially compatible. You can check the full list of our officially compatible plugins here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

The fact that the plugin does not work for you with WPML's Translation Editor is evidence to that that the plugin is not fully compatible.

It would be great if you could contact the authors and urge them to join our Go Global Program.
You can find details about it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/
We will be happy to cooperate with the authors in making their plugin officially compatible with WPML.

I wouldn't say that using WooCommerce native editing screen is dangerous. But it can be risky and break things if used uncarefully. You can notice that for some important options we have put a padlock icon, and they are not editable in the translation of the product. But with your site configuration, I cannot tell now what else might go wrong if you use WooCommerce native editing screen. The bottom line is that you need to use it with care and test things to make sure that nothing breaks. And if you are developing this site for clients, please explain to them what to change and what not to change in the translation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

October 22, 2018 at 12:07 pm #2837907

felixH-10

You need to set all custom_fields from Fancy Product Designer to "Copy". Than the translated product is also a customizable on

The topic ‘[Closed] Plugin Fancy Product Designer is not working 100% properly’ is closed to new replies.