This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danielleB-9 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
October 9, 2019 at 1:45 pm #4723437

danielleB-9

I am trying to: Install sitepress.multilingual.cms 4.2.9

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Developing locally

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: Unpacking the package…
Could not copy file. sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders-elementor/src/media/modules/abstract/class-wpml-elementor-media-node-with-slides.php
Return to Plugin Installer

October 9, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4723637

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

If you didn't do it already, please download WPML again from wpml.org. Also, make sure that you are not running out of space on your server.

If that doesn't help, please install WPML manually:
1. Go to the Downloads page in your wpml.org's account.
2. Download WPML.
3. Unpack the zip folder.
4. Log into your FTP.
5. Go to wp-content/plugins and delete the "sitepress-multilingual-cms" folder if there is one.
6. Upload the previously downloaded and unzipped folder.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Rohan

October 9, 2019 at 4:01 pm #4724333

danielleB-9

I manually installed the plugin, registered the temporary .dev.cc URL, and it seems to work fine now. However, I also installed String Translation, but it is not showing up in my dashboard under WPML tools. I need to translate hero text using String Translation. Where can I find it, if not under the WPML tab? The plugin is installed and activated.

October 9, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4724479

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

It's good to know that you have installed WPML successfully.
Regarding String Translation, if you have installed & activated the latest version, then it should be displayed under WPML.

If you still cannot access String Translation, I request you to try installing String Translation manually by following the steps mentioned in the previous message.

As you have already registered the site, you can also try navigating to Plugins > Add New > Commercial & install/update the plugins from there.

Also, I request you to enable the Debug Information so that we can provide faster support.

Please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

October 12, 2019 at 11:11 am #4742793

danielleB-9

The plugin would install, just not show up in the tool. It was because I couldn’t finish the WPML multi plugin setup. I was developing locally so I deployed the site to a live server, reinstalled the plugins, and was able to set it up without issue. Thank you!