This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translation Management makes all changes go live when pressing preview.

Solution: Increasing WP memory fixed the problem.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 7:29 am #2806944

mortenT-5

I am trying to: Edit pages and press preview to see the changes in advance

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I have described the problem when I first reached out to Enfold support: hidden link. For now I have deactivated the plugin.

I expected to see: A preview of the changes on my different pages without the changes going live and being visible to any visitor on our website.

Instead, I got: A preview of the changes AND all the changes live on every page i try to edit. It doesn't seem to be a problem for posts, only pages.

I have identified the plugin to be the problem with help from Enfold support and have therefore deactivated the plugin for now. Please help me stop the plugin from making all changes go live instead of just showing a preview so that I can go back to using your excellent plugin!

October 11, 2018 at 4:32 pm #2809129

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I was unable to replicate the issue on my local installation. I setup a test server where I was also unable to replicate it. You can login here: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 62BNWQrr8up6

Using Enfold, I created two pages:
hidden link
and its translation
hidden link

If you click on the links without login in, you will get a "Not found" message as expected because they're both in draft mode.

Can you try to replicate the issue there?

October 12, 2018 at 9:32 am #2811426

mortenT-5

Hi Ricardo
The issue only happens when I press preview on changes to pages that have already been published - and it is the Translation Management plugin that seems to be causing it (it disappeared when I deactivated that specific plugin).

So to replicate the issue on your local installation, I tried publishing the two test pages (English and Spanish) and activated the Translation Management plugin.

But I still cannot replicate it 🙁 Whenever I press preview on changes to one of the published pages, they are only visible in preview mode and not in the actual page live on the website. As they should be.

October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2812356

Ricardo Alday

Please try increasing the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let me know if it helps.

October 23, 2018 at 7:49 am #2841247

mortenT-5

Hi Ricardo

Sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation last week and our developer is on vacation this week, but I'll have him try it as soon as he gets back Monday 29 October and get back to you with an answer.

October 23, 2018 at 8:43 pm #2844069

Ricardo Alday

No problem. If this ticket closes automatically just open a new one and reference this ticket.

Cheers,
Ricardo

October 29, 2018 at 8:07 am #2857065

mortenT-5

Hi again Ricardo

Your solution worked once I had the developer implement it, so that's great news. I can now safely press "preview" without changes instantly going live.

Thank you for your help! 🙂

October 29, 2018 at 5:54 pm #2859104

Ricardo Alday

Glad it worked.
Feel free to open a new support ticket if anything else comes up.