This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bettyG 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 12:43 pm #3907035

bettyG

I am trying to: update a few translations for the plugin The Event Calendar

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Exporter tous les événements (added ''tous'') and changer évènement to événement (second accent is different).

Instead, I got: no changes. I tried importing the modified .po file, my settings are correct in Plugin localization (string + .mo backup). I also tried updating the po/mo by FTP.

May 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3907827

bettyG

Also, how can I translate the slug? I see in Taxonomy translation that I can translate events categories, but not the event itself. For example, current url to access all the events is mydomain.com/evenements/ but I'd like to translate it to mydomain.com/events/

May 28, 2019 at 5:01 pm #3908979

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Once you import the .po changes, you need to go to WPML -> String Translation and look for the changed strings (you can filter here by domain). You may need to reset the strings as complete, it may show a status of "Translation needs updating".

As for translating the slug, you can go to WPML -> Settings and scroll down to the post type section. Here, you should see Events and if it is set to Translate, there should be a checkbox to translate the slugs. Once you check that box, you will see the fields available for translating the slug.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 28, 2019 at 6:37 pm #3909505

bettyG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!