This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to get some custom post type called Recipes (admin menu) with the same layout on each language.

Solution: The Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster plugin. This is the tool that does a lot of changes on CSS/JS side, parts that are very important for the recipes plugin.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rbC-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 8:16 am

rbC-2

I am trying to: Get some custom post type called Recipes (admin menu) with the same layout on each language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: When you switch to other language I like to see the same layout of this custom post type layout. We have unified themesettings (but is not a theme post type)

Instead, I got: A strange lay out which I cannot change.

July 30, 2019 at 11:50 am #4307469

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I had a closer look at the style of the original page (hidden link) and it seems that some style is applied from some cached style. In this case, please deactivate all the caching modules, clear the cache, and tell me if the English page is still looking different this time.

Thanks,
Radu

July 30, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4307591

rbC-2

Hi, I tried but the issue is still there. It is strange right?

July 31, 2019 at 6:25 am #4311757

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you tell me if you're using the Pro version of the Cooked Classic plugin, please? I'm asking this because I found this plugin here https://wordpress.org/plugins/cooked but the version doesn't seem to match the one from your website. I just want to give this plugin a try on my website to see how things work for me but first I want to make sure that I'm using the right one.

Thanks,
Radu

August 3, 2019 at 6:35 am #4334075

rbC-2

Hi,

I use the version that was published on Codecanyon. But is not there anymore. You can install a Download Plugin plugin on the site so you can copy the plugin to test in your setup?

Thank you

August 6, 2019 at 10:57 am #4346615

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

You can upload the plugin to Google Drive or Dropbox and just simply add here the link that I can download it from. The links on our messages are not publicly visible so just you and I will be able to access it.

Thanks,
Radu

August 6, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4348237

rbC-2

Thank you: hidden link

August 8, 2019 at 10:53 am #4362035

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Thank you for sending me a copy of the plugin. It took me a while to set it up (I had some issue creating the recipe page) but I finally was able to create a new website and add a recipe to it. As you can see here hidden link, if you change the language to French from the language selector from the bottom side of the page, the search fields are still looking very well.

In this case, I still think that the caching from your website is causing the styling issue. Can you deactivate all the caching modules once again, including the plugins too, and give me a message once you did this so I can have another look, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 15, 2019 at 8:47 am #4399695

rbC-2

Thank you. I see! You have our login. Can you please deactivate WP Rocket when you have time to troubleshoot? Because we need WP Rocket for performance. You can deactivate when you have take a look. It should be helpfull for us, because withour WP Rocket we have sale decrease. Thank you.

August 16, 2019 at 11:46 am #4406133

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

It seems that the "culprit" here is the Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster plugin. This is the tool that does a lot of changes on CSS/JS side, parts that are very important for the recipes plugin. Once I edited this page hidden link and checked all the option from the right sidebar to not minify or combine CSS/JS, everything went back to normal. You can have a look now to see how the search fields look.

While this kind of minifying and combining CSS/JS is helpful in some situations, many plugins (like the one you're using for recipes) rely on having access to all the code. In this case, using a plugin for cleaning the assets is not a good idea. This is just a side note 🙂

Thanks,
Radu

August 16, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4407197

rbC-2

Thank you so much. We did not notice that!

August 16, 2019 at 3:03 pm #4407199

rbC-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!