This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 42 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
June 13, 2018 at 7:28 am #2410250

gabriellaS-8

I am trying to: Work

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (but of course you need a login. IcanLocalize has one)

I expected to see: a working plugin directory

Instead, I got: See screenshot - attached

I am asked to update a plugin which is not installed: "sitepress-multilingual-cms". Look at my second screenshot, to see the installed WPML related plugins

Please help. This has been quitte buggy since last update :O

IMPORTANT NOTE: Tried to fill out this ticket once before, and received an error, because the debug information is too large! So you can ask me for it, in a mai, or something

Thanks

Kind Regards
Jeppe

June 13, 2018 at 9:06 am #2410498

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

The folder name for the "WPML Multilingual CMS" is actually sitepress-multilingual-cms. Its the same thing.

It looks like you still need to update "WPML Multilingual CMS".

Can you try this and let me know how it goes?

June 13, 2018 at 9:37 am #2410559

gabriellaS-8

Yes.. I did try that... Even tried to download the zip from my account page, and install it on top of the other one... Still I get the error...

June 14, 2018 at 1:29 pm #2413577

gabriellaS-8

Still in need of help on this .. :O

June 14, 2018 at 1:48 pm #2413621

David
Supporter

Please try one more thing: deactivate and then activate the "WPML Multilingual CMS" plugin.

June 15, 2018 at 7:53 am #2414936

gabriellaS-8

Yes... Done.. Still I get the error message .... :/

June 15, 2018 at 7:58 am #2414950

gabriellaS-8

And note... And after I have deactivated/activated the plugin, I now get an extra message, saying "The WPML Media Translation setup is almost complete, Click here to finish the setup" (see attached screenshot), and when I click the link, I go to a page saying I am not "allowed to access this page"! :O (see other screenshot)

June 19, 2018 at 5:22 pm #2422624

David
Supporter

If you agree, I think it will be quicker if give me access details to have a closer look.
I have marked your next reply as private.

June 29, 2018 at 11:58 am #2445530

David
Supporter

Let me try WP Migrate DB Pro to migrate a site to my local server and I will get back you.
I haven't tried this before and I'm not sure of the implications, however it should work seamlessly.

July 2, 2018 at 2:13 pm #2454045

David
Supporter

I did some tests with WP Migrate DB plugin and its working perfectly in my tests.

Can you try deactivating and re-activating the WPML core plugin? (WPML Multilingual CMS)

July 3, 2018 at 7:39 am #2455855

gabriellaS-8

Tried that like 100 times... The thing is right now, that WPML is crashing every day on our Live server! Initially I thought it was only my localhost version, but every day around now (just happened 20 mins ago again), the WPML plugin simply resets, it seems.. or at least it deactivates, and all our German content on the frontend is deactivated!
Everything is working perfect on our Staging server, so what we do it fix it (every day now), is to deploy the Staging to Live... But yes, only works for a day!
Urgently need help with this issue! I have NO clue what is wrong... 🙁

July 3, 2018 at 7:54 am #2455954

gabriellaS-8

Hi again.. Maybe... Just maybe... It is me who is being retarded... A couple of minuttes ago, I realized that our live site URL was not added to "My sites" here on our account.. Could that be it? that the registration deactivates the plugin on live, when the registration code doesn't work? If yes, what happens when I deploy from Staging to Live? Since everything is overwritten in the database on deploy, do I need to change the code every time then?

July 3, 2018 at 2:11 pm #2457893

David
Supporter

That shouldn't crash your site.

It would simply not update automatically, but everything should still work.

So thats not it.

Let me take a second look.

July 3, 2018 at 2:14 pm #2457934

David
Supporter

I need access to a site that shows the problem to see what's going on.
But as I understand, it only happens in your live site.
Is this correct? Can I have access to the live site?

I wont touch anything without telling you.
To start I just need adminer plugin installed to have a look at the database.

I have marked your next reply as private.

July 3, 2018 at 3:08 pm #2458245

gabriellaS-8

And yes.. I do know that on the review site the plugins need updating.. But that is from this morning... So I am sure that has nothing to do with the error

The topic ‘[Closed] Plugin update error’ is closed to new replies.