This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 42 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
July 3, 2018 at 3:11 pm #2458263

gabriellaS-8

(sorry) and if it says pw is wrong, remove 1 at the end (cant remember the PW I gave you, so it might complain since I couldn't change it - Doh)

July 4, 2018 at 6:14 pm #2464670

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Thanks, I was able to login.

But this is a "Subscriber" account.
I need the "Administrator" role to look into things.

To start off, I will need it in the review site only.
But if you grant me administrator access on both it might speed things up.

Thanks!

July 8, 2018 at 8:49 am #2473339

gabriellaS-8

Ok... I have updated your role to Administrator. Really need to get this resolved now, cause my mananger has told to find another solution on Tuesday, if this is not resolved by then (and I for sure prefer to stay with WPML)

July 9, 2018 at 8:54 am #2475581

gabriellaS-8

Hmm... Maybe this is the wrong thread, but cant see my answer above... Last you wrote to me, saying that the role I had given you was wrong, which was correct. I now have changed to user to Administrator, so I really think you can resolve this quickly. My boss has given me until Wednesday to get this resolved. If not fixed by then, she wants me to start migrating the site to use another multilanguage plugin... You dont want that, and I definitely don't want that... So what can we do to fix this now?

Below is a the content of a mail, I have just sendt to support on ICanLocalize. They have been involved heavily in fixing glitches on our site, and therefore knows the code well. And since you are in the same company, maybe it makes sense for you to help eachother, and of course me, by talking together and get this fixed asap?

Just tell me what you need to get it fixed fast! I am here and will help with ressources if needed.

The mail content for ICanLocalize support:
======================================
Hi Ahmed

I have been away for three days now, and this issue is still not resolved. I am also in correspondance with WPML support, but it seems nobody really knows what is going on. My managers have given me until Wednesday to come up with a solution, and if it is not resolved, she wants us to move to another platform :O
I know, that changing platform will only reveal other (potentially big) problems, so can you please help me and tell me what we need to get this fixed NOW? 🙂 Maybe you and WPML support can talk together on this? You are already far better in to our site, and maybe your advice can help them move fast?
Maybe you say that it will take a focus from you that will be subject to an extra fee, but just tell me... Please help me with a plausible plan to fix it before Wednesday...

Thanks in advance!
Jeppe

=======================

July 9, 2018 at 11:07 am #2475970

David
Supporter

The main problem here is that I haven't been able to see your issue yet.
As you can imagine its very difficult to provide a solution for a problem I can't see.

I see that you gave me administrator role yesterday, so I can at least try to guess what happened by looking at the database. I'm taking a look to see what I can find and I will get back to you shortly.

PS: Ahmed and I work in the same team providing support for escalated issues.

July 9, 2018 at 11:17 am #2475990

gabriellaS-8

Hi again David... I was not being grumpy or anything 😀

I know you couldn't get in to the site without the proper role.. I am just saying now, that you are now an Administrator, and I know from Ahmed, that he is contact with you...
And note.. configitrev.com is still the review site, where to I copied the live server version when the error appeared. You can use the same credentials to log in to our live site.. I think (but do take care there! I know you know, but saying anyway 😉 )

And another thing: cant I create another ticket (another small issue) without supplying debug information and duplicator package?? My debug information is too long for your script apparently

Tried three times now... :/

July 9, 2018 at 11:19 am #2475995

gabriellaS-8

Note: One here suggested to install a query recorder plugin on live, and check the queries when the error appears again. Could that be a help?

July 9, 2018 at 12:12 pm #2476156

David
Supporter

The flag that determines if WPML setup is complete or not is stored in the wp_options table under 'icl_sitepress_settings'. This option is not being migrated properly for some reason we need to find out.

What I'm trying to do is to compare the value of this option in your review site with the origin of your migration. This way I can determine how this value is being migrated and whats wrong with it.

1) I was able to install Adminer on the review site and decode WPML setting there. It is clearly incomplete and because of this you are required to setup again.

2) Next thing I want to do is follow the same steps on your live server or on your staging server. I understand 'icl_sitepress_settings' are correct there and I need to compare to the settings I found on the review site.

The problem is that my credentials only work on the review site.
Can you arrange administrator access for me on all your sites?
This is the only way I am going to be able to progress.

Another option, like Ahmed said, is to use a different plugin for migration.
Are you exploring this option too?

July 9, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2476229

gabriellaS-8

Hi David... Sounds promising! I have updated your role on live aswell.. So feel free to test there also!
I did consider Ahmeds advice on different migration, but firstly and foremost, we are using WP Engine as host, and they have your recommended plugin (Duplicator) on their disallowed plugin list. AND one of the reasons for using WP Engine, is their (normally) robust Staging to Live native migration... So really want/need to keep using that one...

Quick note. If you go to live now, you wont see the error, since we every day deploy the Staging to Live to keep the site working. It is our German market, who we are really dependend on!

July 9, 2018 at 3:16 pm #2476969

David
Supporter

I still can't get in:

> The password you entered for the username WPMLSupport is incorrect

July 9, 2018 at 3:24 pm #2476999

gabriellaS-8

Did change the PW shortly after I set it up to begin with, so it could be the same as SFTP. And did send a notice on it (but couldnt' remember it, so wrote "without 1 in the end")

But hey.. Have changed the PW on live to "wpml-suppor"
(without the quotes)
You can send me an emailaddress if you want register your own PW...

July 9, 2018 at 3:25 pm #2477007

gabriellaS-8

Ahmed also have credentials to login btw

July 9, 2018 at 4:14 pm #2477160

David
Supporter

Thanks, I am in now.

I am trying to run a simple SQL command on the live server:

SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'icl_sitepress_settings'

I'm not getting any results back, just a blank screen.

There must be an error somewhere in the server logs, but I don't have access there.
Maybe you can find out?

Or do you have phpmyadmin available to try running this query?

July 9, 2018 at 4:48 pm #2477265

gabriellaS-8

Please supply me an email to you, then I will set a user up on our hosting service... There you can use phpmyadmin ... BUt need an email

July 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm #2477532

David
Supporter

I will email you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Plugin update error’ is closed to new replies.