This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stormyL 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 1:46 pm

stormyL

Background
Plugin with issue: WhatsHelp
Usage: The Chat button by WhatsHelp takes website visitor directly to the messaging app and initiate a conversation

Issue
String "Tap Here to contact us" cannot be found in WPML

October 17, 2018 at 12:55 am #2822622

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Apparently, this plugin is not compatible with WPML. To make this work with translated strings, you must include the code directly in your theme's (or child theme) footer.php file and make those strings translated.

Then you should just use some gettext function to make these strings translatable. For example:

var options = {
            facebook: "1111", // Facebook page ID
            call_to_action: "Message us", // Call to action
            position: "right", // Position may be 'right' or 'left'
        };

Replace with:

var options = {
            facebook: "1111", // Facebook page ID
            call_to_action: "<?php _e( 'Message us', 'wordpress' ); ?>", // Call to action
            position: "right", // Position may be 'right' or 'left'
        };

Note the "_e( 'Message us', 'wordpress' );" function. This makes this string to be translated. Then just follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Theme and plugins localization
- Scroll and look at the "Strings in the themes"
- Select your theme (or your child theme)
- Click on the "Scan selected themes for strings" button
- Click on the WPML > String Translation
- Translate the desired string

Note that these steps should only work if you add the "WhatsHelp" code inside the footer.php file (before the </body> tag). Also, the code must be removed from the "WhatsHelp" option.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 17, 2018 at 2:45 am #2822947

stormyL

the icon doesn't show up after i insert the code in footer.php

Can you help me look into the issue?

October 17, 2018 at 3:32 am #2823093

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Within your child theme, I have not found the footer.php file. When I try to look at the footer.php file of your parent fears I have not found the code you are using.

Where did you add the code? What code are you trying to use? Please, could you create the footer.php file based on the footer.php file of your parent theme?

October 25, 2018 at 2:32 pm #2850141

stormyL

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!