This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My website suddenly stopped working, notification was: Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with an automated email. Solution: There were two times uploaded same WPML plugin and that was causing that error.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by birgitS-5 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 10:08 am #4197395

birgitS-5

I am trying to: My website suddenly stopped working, notification was: ince WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Media.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

I managed to log on to my dashboard using recovery mode, I have deactivated WPML. But now my site is a total mess.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a normal functioning website

Instead, I got: Partially English text, partially Dutch text, pictures not uploading etc.

This happened all of a sudden, yesterday morning my site was working fine, after lunch it suddenly broke down and got the report mentioned above.

Is there a problem with your plugin? And how can I solve it so my site goes back to normal again.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Birgit

July 12, 2019 at 11:57 am #4198319

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Birgit,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

It 's a bit strange that everything broke down out of nowhere. Let's find out why did this happen. First of all, can you edit the wp-config.php file and add this code to it, please?

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_CACHE', false );

Once you did this, just simply go back to the dashboard area, activate the WPML plugin, and tell me what's the error message that's appearing. This way we'll be able to look for what cause the issue in the first place.

Thanks,
Radu

July 15, 2019 at 9:35 am #4209245

birgitS-5

Hi Radu,

Thank you for your reply. I have forwarded your message to someone who is helping me with my website. After I have heard back from him, I will let you know.

Kind regards,
Birgit

July 15, 2019 at 11:35 am #4210519

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Birgit,

Thank you for forwarding me message to the person that helps you with the website. Please give me a message back as soon as he replies you back.

Wish you a great day,
Radu

July 22, 2019 at 11:12 am #4256509

birgitS-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This is the comment my webbuilder gave me:
I found that there were two times uploaded same WPML plugin and that was the casing that error.
Also after reading a few articles, I see others confirmed the same problem/solution
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/while-installing-the-wpml-tools-i-get-a-fatal-error/
So after deletion, it looks that it works fine.