This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3835561

fernandaM

Hi

I have installed many WPML plugins that I'm not quite sure I need. My site is super slow and the host suggested to delete any plugin that is not being used. With that being said, I would like to know if it's possible to get some help confirming which WPML plugins I can delete without affecting any of my pages, please.

Basically, I run/translate my own website. I don't need any media translated (btw, on this topic I also would like to know if I can delete this plugin and erase all my Portuguese language media library, please).

Please, let me know. Thank you

May 18, 2019 at 12:27 am #3837377

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. This depends on how you are designing your website. Initially, you can see the description of each of our plugins here: https://wpml.org/documentation/wpml-core-and-add-on-plugins/

You can check in our description of each plugin if you use such functionality.

Also, I've noticed that you are using 128Mb of memory. The WPML requires at least 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Note that WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

Please, could you increase the memory limit for WordPress? To do it, please open the wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation and after the opening PHP tag, add these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

E.g.:

<?php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

WordPress Documentation: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Then save the file and using your FTP client, upload wp-config.php to your server.

Thank you.

May 20, 2019 at 11:24 am #3846345

fernandaM

Hi
Can you please check if now the Memory limit is set to 768m, please?

Also, I've deleted the media management plugin - not sure if it's okay. I would like to have just one media library and be able to use the same images on both languages on my website. Now, I need to duplicate each image on each language. I want to get my media library organized. Is there any way to have just one media library for all the languages?

Another question: How can I check if I've used or not WPML strings? I want to delete any plugin that I'm not using.

Please, let me know. Thank you

May 22, 2019 at 12:02 am #3859253

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

I can not see if the memory has been incremented because I only have access to the first debug info. You can check this, however, in WPML > Support. Scroll down and look at the "WordPress" section. I'll attach an example image of my testing environment.

>>> Also, I've deleted the media management plugin - not sure if it's okay. I would like to have just one media library and be able to use the same images on both languages on my website. Now, I need to duplicate each image on each language.

The WPML does not duplicate the media file. The WPML Media duplicates the record in the database so you can translate the title and description of the image, for example - or use an alternate image for translated content. If you do not want to translate this content then you can keep WPML Media off.

>>> Another question: How can I check if I've used or not WPML strings? I want to delete any plugin that I'm not using.

Are you translating the strings of your site through WPML > String Translation? If not then you can disable it.

Thank you.