This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 3:24 am

carlosG-59

Hello the plugins does not translate into any language, only the Spanish flag appears, when I have activated the English and portugees.
This happens to me in the menu and in the footer.

I hope that when I am on the home page I can visualize the flags of the 3 chosen languages ​​and when I click them they translate the page to that language.

Please can you help me, surely something I am doing wrong 🙁

October 12, 2018 at 2:17 pm #2812273

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please explain me a bit more what plugin or content are you trying to translate?

When I am on your homepage, I can see that only one flag shows up (the Spanish one) in the header and in the footer. This usually means that the current page you are on at that moment (in our case, the homepage) has not been fully translated yet.

Could you please elaborate a little more on this point "Hello the plugins does not translate into any language" so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

I will be waiting for your answer.

PS: Here is also some very useful documentation regarding theme/plugins translation and the getting started guide for translating a site with WPML:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 12, 2018 at 11:06 pm #2813118

carlosG-59

hello mihai
I was reading the content that you have sent me and unfortunately I understand that this WPML plugin does not work the way I thought.
I think it is a very good plugin but it is aimed at doing a more methodical and deep work on websites.

For my part, I was just looking for an automatic translator on my website.
Therefore, when I receive the plugin billing, I will ask for the refund of my money.
I appreciate your concern and thank you very much

October 15, 2018 at 5:04 pm #2818382

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Unfortunately, WPML doesn't offer automatic content translation. I honestly don't know of such service that can translate everything automatically, only software like Google Translate that can translate content partially or to a certain level of translation quality.

WPML is empowering WordPress users to be able to translate their sites manually while it can also take into consideration the .mo and .po files that usually come with the most popular theme and plugins. It also allows you to contract translators and send translation jobs for different parts of the content of your site straight from the WordPress dashboard.

I hope this information was helpful.

Kind regards,
Mihai