We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4588381

andreasS-32

I run several sites using WPML Multi Domains (one domain per language). But time after time after time after time nearly all plug-ins that you have certified as "approved", don't work.

If you run a site with ONE domain like
domain.com/en
domain.com/dk
domain.com/de
domain.com/fr
etc.
...the plug-ins work like a dream. But as soon as you run a multi-domain site:
domain.com
domain.dk
domain.de
domain.fr
...then your "approval" is wrong. Yesterday I tried SeoPress (after leaving YOAST). But you can't configure it per language... even the XML sitemap is one big mess of DK, FR, DE, COM domains among each others...

Same on YOAST - and on all 301-redirect plugins or Interlink-management plugins. No matter where I look, it is not compatible with WPML multi-domain.

Yes, DELUCKS Seo plugin works - and PARTLY "Premium Seo Pack"... seo-redirection-premium are working on a solution, but there is still a long way to go.

So please - can you send a list of plug-ins that are certified to WORK on a multi-domain site??

I need a good SEO plugin, a 301 redirection plugin and a pluging for managing internal linking.

Hope you can help..? And maybe also on you "Certified plugin-page" mark if the actually work with a multi-domain-site.

Best regards
Andreas

September 19, 2019 at 5:04 am #4601325

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

The plugin you mentioned earlier should work properly, can you explain the problem in brief so I can understand what problem you are having?

How are you configuring the multi domain site? a parked domains? alias?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 19, 2019 at 6:03 am #4601605

andreasS-32

All the domains work and is set up probably - also in WPML.

Let take: SeoPress. Normally when you create a sitemap.xml, it's ONE file per domain. But this plugin mixes then content. Example:
domain.fr/content1
domain.dk/content3
domain.se/content4
domain.se/content5
domain.fr/content1
etc... It's not split per language as you normally do.

In YOAST things work. But here you can't change the MAIN site name (title tag) on the diff. domains (the home page's title of each domain). The main site has ONE single title for ALL languages. It means, that you have to do a workaround in WPML strings....

Most of these plug-ins run as if it was ONE domain - like domain.com/dk or domain.com/se
- only work around is WPML string. And that really isn't a good idea for titles etc.

Best regards
Andreas

September 19, 2019 at 7:44 am #4602055

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Lets take Yoast and move forward.

You mentioned that title tags couldn't be translated, can you try the steps as mentioned here and let me know if this helps?
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/#translating-the-seo-texts

Thanks

September 20, 2019 at 7:02 am #4610097

andreasS-32

Thanks 🙂 But how does YOAST then work with their "redirect plugin" for a multi-domain site?

September 20, 2019 at 7:10 am #4610107

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please elaborate the query so I can better help. I couldn't understand the issue properly.

Thanks

September 20, 2019 at 7:12 am #4610117

andreasS-32

You can make redirects under YOAST's redirect menu for
domain.com/en
domain.com/dk
domain.com/de
domain.com/fr
etc.

But as soon as you run a multi-domain site:
domain.com
domain.dk
domain.de
domain.fr
You looses the control to create the 301 redirects.

September 20, 2019 at 9:01 am #4610803

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I think you can still create the redirects using the domains isn't it? or the secondary domains is not being accepting. Can you provide few screenshots of how it looks?

Thanks

September 20, 2019 at 9:05 am #4610813

andreasS-32

Nope - you can only control the "content page" - not the domain.

Attached 😀

September 23, 2019 at 4:30 am #4620171

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please go to Yoast -> Redirects -> Settings and set Redirect method to htaccess. This should fix the issue.

Thanks