This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 6:34 am #4550815

silmikko

Hi guys

Sent you a ticket yesterday (please, the same is attached below), but for some reason it was closed and I didn't get any reply for it - what happened?

--

I am trying to update my plugins but it takes ages and then seems to fail at the end. My hosting company has done some adjustments to the server and everything should be fine there. They say it's string translations that's causing all these errors.

Is there something you can do to help me fix this? I haven't installed the new beta yet, since I'm not that skilled with WPML yet.

Cheers,

mikko

September 11, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4555297

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please try this:

1. Create a full backup of the current website (files and database)
2. Deactivate all the non-WPML plugins
3. Then try to update the WPML plugins from the panel (Plugins > Commercial > tick the checkboxes and update the plugins)

Also, another thing that I see is that your server is using MySQL 5.5 instead of the minimum-required version 5.6 listed here (https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/).

Maybe before following the steps above, just make sure that the server is following the minimum requirements listed in the link above.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei