This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|December 20, 2018 at 10:16 pm #3022697|
My site is almex.de
I’ve assigned “english portfolios” to its corresponding and already translated “Portfolio category” (from german to english).
When I call portfolios elments invoking a determind category, from a “Portfolio Raster”, I can see the english “Portolio Category” in the combox but if I select it then no items are displayed in the frontend.
If I go to Portfolio > Portfolio Categories, i can see that all portfolio elements (both in german and in english) are assigned to the german category but none is assigned to the english one.
Furthermore, when an english portfolio element is open, I try to assign it categories from the right side bar but when I do that it is assigned to the german category.
It seems as if the "english categories were disabled. Only one of them is working properly
I tried to work it around but nothing happens
I hope i have been clear enough for you to understend this problem :-).
Thanks for your help
|December 21, 2018 at 11:07 pm #3026337|
Hello, I have no idea if I'm asking for support in the right way.
|December 22, 2018 at 10:24 am #3027180|
Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )
Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)
Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!
1. Can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
2. Can you please confirm that you are using the latest versions of WPML and its active add-ons (if using any)?
3. Can you please verify if the Portfolio category taxonomy is correctly set to "Translatable - only show translated items"?
4. Can you please verify if the Portfolio Post Type is correctly set to "Translatable - only show translated items"?
5. Please verify if the taxonomies are correctly translated from WPML -> Taxonomy Translation
6. Clear every kind of server and plugin cache.
7. Maybe there is some slight corruption in the language tables.
The topic ‘[Closed] Porfolio Categories translation not working’ is closed to new replies.