This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stéphane 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 16, 2014 at 7:41 pm #437537

Stéphane

Hi, I have a portfolio section on my site with a Category filter.

Everything works well, except that when landing on that page, the default category is "ALL".
Normally, it should show only the images in 1 language, but instead, it shows images from both language.
These are duplicates with different titles.

You can see the problem at:
hidden link

Thanks in advance.

July 17, 2014 at 12:08 am #437648

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Stéphane,

I'll ask for some information so I can verify the problem. The fields for you to insert the credentials will be below its comment field.

Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Thank you.

July 17, 2014 at 12:51 am #437660

Stéphane

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for helping !

For your information, I don't have a test installation !!!

To see the problem, click on the menu of the site "Gallery" (or "Galerie" in french)
All the image you see are in the "Portfolio" section of the site, which are custom posts types.
All exist in both language, the only difference is the name of the post which appear on top of the image on the site.
Now, the problem is that by default, when you enter the page "Gallery", "ALL" is selected by default, and when "ALL" is on, you will see that all the images are showing, in English AND in French, which is not supposed to be the case.
But, if you click on "SPRING" (for example), you will see that it works.

Also, what is really strange is that there is 4 images in category "Ciders". When in the english "Gallery", the French images appear, and when in french "Galerie", the english appear. I checked that each portfolio-image has the right language, and this is the case. So I really don't understand that !

I hope I gave you enough elements. Can't wait to hear from you ...

Thanks.

July 17, 2014 at 9:19 pm #438280

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Stéphane,

Thank you. Where do you post the images to be displayed in the gallery page?

Thank you.

July 18, 2014 at 12:40 pm #438678

Stéphane

Well, I found a way to make it work, by disabling "the "Portfolio" and "Portfolio Category" in WPML Translation Options.

Thanks.