Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Number added to the title is not translatable.

Solution: It's intentional as numbers doesn't require translations.

Being so, you can just translate the other items and leave it accordingly or you can use manual WordPress editor to change the title.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janL-28 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 6, 2019 at 8:44 am #4895803

janL-28

Hi,

When trying to translate pages in Portfolio into German, we have the issue that for some pages it does not show the title while for others it works fine.

Here example of not showing the title for translation:

hidden link

Here example of page showing the title for translation:

hidden link

See attached also screenshots.

Please advise.

Thanks,

November 7, 2019 at 6:51 pm #4909467

janL-28

Hi,

WPML has been updated, however it still does not show the title for translation in e.g. this page: hidden link

Also, is there something we have to do regarding this .mo files message? see attached

November 8, 2019 at 5:13 am #4910847

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Could you please create a new page and use the same title and let me know if this helps.

Further, if the problem helps, Can you confirm that you are still experiencing issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Nineteen)

Regarding the mo files, please click on "Generate .mo files" to generate the .mo files, from 4.3.3 we are changing the way string translation works to improve the site performance, more details: https://wpml.org/2019/10/wpml-4-3-with-revamped-string-translation/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

November 8, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4913835

janL-28

Hi,

I have create a new portfolio page ( hidden link), but it is still not showing the title for translation. There are several portfolio pages whereas there is the same problem.

Please check and advise.

Thanks,
Jan

November 8, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4913889

janL-28

When changing the title to e.g. "#6131", it works, but when changing back to "#613" it is not working anymore. It seems there is a bug.

November 11, 2019 at 10:56 am #4923927

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier supporter and will respond to you soon.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

November 11, 2019 at 8:07 pm #4927995

janL-28

Hi,

Can somebody assist on this issue?

Thanks,
Jan

November 12, 2019 at 6:04 am #4929031

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The issue is escalated to our 2nd tiers and they are working on it, I will update you as soon as I will have further feedback.

Thanks

November 14, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4947923

janL-28

any news?

November 15, 2019 at 5:15 am #4951115

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Our 2nd tier tested the issue and they mentioned that it's intentional as numbers doesn't require translations.

When you add the title #613 it's interpreted as Color CSS and it's not being copied as the CSS doesn't needs translations

The same way when you add the title #6143 it's neither a Color CSS no a number so this is shown in the editor.

Being so, you can just translate the other items and leave it accordingly or you can use manual WordPress editor to change the title.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

November 18, 2019 at 8:57 am #4963181

janL-28

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!