Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 9, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Richard Canny

I am trying to:
We have manually translated all pages and post from english to portuguese. Some are showing up correctly, but some do not show the translated content at all.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (all content is missing)
hidden link (all content is missing)

These pages have been completely translated, and they show as complete in WPML.
I expected to see:
All translated content for all pages.

Instead, I got: No content on some pages (titles only are translated)

August 9, 2018 at 10:19 pm #2631155

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

When I try to access your site using the credentials that you have posted, you receive this error message: ERROR: Invalid username. Lost your password?

Also, if I try to download the Duplicator file you posted the link it appears that the directory is empty. I'll attach an image for you to see.

I noticed you are using a cache plugin. Have you tried clearing the cache to see if the problem persists?

Your next response will be private if you need to add new credentials.

Thank you.

August 9, 2018 at 10:36 pm
August 10, 2018 at 1:27 am #2631304

Richard Canny

Please note also that Duplicator is a disallowed plug-in on WPengine which is our hosting site and among the most popular ones. Here is their security warning:

Hi Richard Canny,

As part of the normal security and performance scans that WP Engine runs on our customer environments, we also scan for plugins that may be on our disallowed plugin list, and adversely affecting environment performance and / or security.

We just scanned your WordPress environment 'ultimation' and discovered [duplicator], which is/are on our disallowed list and will result in sub-optimal performance for your environment.

Our disallowed plugin policy is here: hidden link.

We're sending you this email to request that you remove [duplicator] from your environment within the next 7 days. In 7 days, we'll automatically remove those plugins from your environment, and we want to give you plenty of time to find and test suitable replacements.  For many plugins, we have suggested replacements.

If you have any questions, please let us know in a support ticket hidden link.
"

August 10, 2018 at 5:31 pm #2634986

Richard Canny

How are we doing with this? I notice also that the Avia layout builder is not working on the translated pages (which is why they are blank). Please see screenshot. Please help us, this is taking up way too much of our time....thanks.

August 11, 2018 at 12:03 am #2635543

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. Unfortunately, I still can not access your site. When I try to access this error message appears: ERROR: The password you entered for the username **** is incorrect. Lost your password?

I've tried both the old user and the new credentials. If you try to sign in with the credentials you've posted, can you sign in?

Also, according to WPEngine, "All in One Migration" is not on the list of disallowed plugins: hidden link

Please, could you double-check? You can edit your private message, which should be highlighted to you.

Thank you.

August 11, 2018 at 1:24 am #2635555

Richard Canny

Thanks, I have generated a new password and edited the private message to update it for you. I checked it, and it works. Please try again to login using the second user name and password I sent you.

I will study generating a duplicate using "all in one migration". I'm traveling this weekend and don't have good bandwidth, so that may need to wait until next week. Thanks,
Richard,

August 12, 2018 at 12:31 am #2636936

Richard Canny

Hello,
I have created a backup using the "All in one migration" plugin. The file is located in the Dropbox folder that I sent you a link to. Thanks,
Richard.

August 13, 2018 at 9:33 pm #2641289

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. I downloaded your site and I'm going to test this in my testing environment. I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

August 21, 2018 at 8:30 pm #2664775

Richard Canny

Hello, I haven't heard anything on this ticket for a week. What is the status please and when can we expect a solution? Still not working properly. Thanks,

August 21, 2018 at 9:45 pm #2664962

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

First of all, my sincere apologies for the delay.

The problem is that some fields that are required for the "Enfold" display contents were not created in the _postmeta table of the secondary language.

This is why content is not displayed. To fix this problem, please follow the steps below:

- Open the page you want, where content is not being displayed;
- For example: hidden link
- Click on the "Editar página", on the top bar (this is displayed if you are logged in)
- Click on the "Edit anyway" button
- And click on the "Update" button

This will correctly create the records that are missing and the content should be displayed on the front end correctly.

I've followed those steps with the page I mentioned above to test on your site and it looks like it's working properly.

Please, could you test? Again, sorry for the delay.

Thank you.

August 25, 2018 at 12:54 pm #2675124

Richard Canny

Thanks. This is working on some pages, but not all of them. Please check the news page in Portuguese as an example (none of the new stories are showing up).
Thanks

August 27, 2018 at 8:36 pm #2679917

Bruno
Supporter

I can see both pages. In Portuguese I clicked on the "News" and then on the first article and both pages were opened. I'll attach two pictures for you to see.

Also, I clicked on other news as well and the pages were opened correctly. Is the problem happening with any page specifically?

Thank you.

August 27, 2018 at 8:43 pm #2679947

Richard Canny

Hello,
Yes, I fixed the issue by manually rebuilding the Avia layout elements on the translated pages in portugues and spanish. It's a work-around that I guess we will have to use on some pages. Not sure why WPML does not preserve the original layout of the page. Thanks,

August 27, 2018 at 8:47 pm #2679949

Bruno
Supporter

Have you tested whether this happens with new pages as well? Note that we have released the new version of WPML that fixes some problems that were previously reported.

After updating WPML (and its add-ons) and creating a new page, is the issue still persists?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Portuguese content is not showing for some pages (only)’ is closed to new replies.