This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
March 31, 2015 at 6:56 pm #591687

Patrick

I am trying to:
Display widget by category, by language using Widget Logic. No category is showing on the frontend widgets, so I went into the backend, visited the category page.

I visited this URL:
wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=category

I expected to see:
List of categories per language.

Instead, I got:
[View screenshot]

No categories listed, but we see the count number. Same thing happens for other post categories (media categories)

I think this maybe the reason why they don't show on the frontend either.

I've tried going into "Support" and pressed the "Set language information" button. This did not work.

April 2, 2015 at 8:55 am #592676

Dat Hoang

#1,
Please go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click the following buttons
* General clean up
* Set language information
* Fix terms count
*Remove ghost entries from the translation tables

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

#2,
if you disable WPML, do you see the categories?

#3,
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?

April 3, 2015 at 2:46 pm #593595

Patrick

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the steps you said for the troubleshooting buttons. Clicked them all in order. Still broke.

I've disabled all the plugins (except WPML and relateds), disabled even WooCommerce and there's still a problem. I've also reverted to default theme during that test, and still the same problem.

When I disable WPML, all the categories show in the admin category list.

Let me know if you need more info,

Thanks,

April 6, 2015 at 5:12 am #594068

Dat Hoang

#1,
Please go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click the following button: Delete transient data

Does that help?

#2,
OK. That means your categories are still there but there is something wrong in the database tables related to WPML.
Do you remember what you had done then this problem happened?

#3,
If the problem still persists, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only.

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

The topic ‘[Closed] Post categories not displaying in admin (even if there's a count number)’ is closed to new replies.