This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

The problem: All the strings that are part of WordPress are missing for a certain language. The solution: You can go to WPML > Theme and plugin localization. Check that "Translate by WPML" is selected; if not, select it and save. After that, check that "WPML will automatically download translations for WordPress" is selected; if not, select it and save again. Then you will see a list of the languages and maybe something like: "File not found!", next to it: "Updates available" and a button to review changes and update. Press it and it will load a new screen. At the bottom there is a checkbox and a button. Select it and press the button. There is also other option if you have followed the above steps. There is a link "Check Now" that will produce the mentioned review and update button if it is missing.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steffenL 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
February 23, 2015 at 11:38 am #564925

steffenL

I am trying to: get translated dates to German language.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: month automatically translated to German.

Instead, I got: month names in English.

Working correct in Dansk hidden link and English version hidden link

This is standard (non customized) blog page provided by Avada theme.

February 23, 2015 at 2:16 pm #565081

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
I think that this issue is because the German translation for WordPress is not downloaded.
You can go to WPML > Theme and plugin localization check that Translate by WPML. is selected, if not select it and save. After that check that WPML will automatically download translations for WordPress is selected, if not select it and save again.
Then you will see a list of the languages and maybe something like: File not found! Updates available and a button to review changes and update. You press it and it will load a new screen. On the bottom there is a checkbox and a button select it and press the button.
There is also other option if everything of these is selected. There is a link Check Now - that will produce the mentioned review and update button if it is missing.
You can see my screenshot bellow.
I hope that this helps you.

February 23, 2015 at 3:35 pm #565186

steffenL

Thanks a lot George! You help me so much 😉