This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My website is in English (main) and French. I have several CPT and several ACF (including repeater field) foreach CPT. I use Multilingual Content Setup to choose how to translate each field.

When I try to edit an option into the MCS Post metabox, click on Apply, my current Post is duplicated several times and is directly published. It's even doing that just clicking on Apply actually.

Solution: To solve my problem, I had to fill the "Translation preferences" option for each ACF field, an option which didn't exists when I built the site.

Relevant Documentation:

0% of people find this useful.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4506723

jamieS-10

I'm also experiencing this issue, and can confirm it is somehow related to ACF's JSON sync functionality.

I tried the solution in this thread (setting translation preferences) but it didn't help, unless I don't clearly understand the solution. The only thing that works for me so far to prevent duplicate posts (the action appears to add a new duplicate post for EACH Multilingual Content Setup preference updated, which is a problem when needing to updated 20+ fields) is removing the ACF JSON sync folder which is something my team heavily relies on for a sane workflow.

Since this behavior is triggered by an action performed by an interface provided by WPML, I think it only reasonable that an engineer be assigned to investigate this issue to rule out a defect in WPML itself.

Many thanks for any attention given.

September 10, 2019 at 8:48 am #4543287

philippeN-2

Hi Jamies.

Finally I still get the problem but this post is "resolved".
Please do not hesitate to keep me in touch if you found a solution.
But I think you're right and that WPML team should investigate about this kind of problem.

Thank you