This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 1, 2019 at 11:35 pm

abdel-azizN

I am trying to: show slider in ar website using https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-slider-carousel/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:slider

Instead, I got:empty slider

September 2, 2019 at 9:13 am #4495633

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Abdel-Aziz,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I was able to make the Slider viewable with finishing the translation on the right "Pages" sidebar with 100%. The translation status is done when the translation icon change from the gearwheel to the pencil icon.

Best Marcel

September 2, 2019 at 7:51 pm #4499855

abdel-azizN

Hi Marcel,

I don't see any changes and still the slider is not showing when change language to ar.

September 3, 2019 at 7:53 am #4501773

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Abdel-Aziz,

Sorry for the confusion, As the header image was not viewable on /ar I thought you mean the Image Slider.

The Post Slider Carousel was not tested yet with WPML, and as far as I see in the WPML & plugins options, the plugin is not multilingual ready.

Could you please try to reproduce the issue here on this isolated Sandbox? hidden link Then I can escalate your case to our Compatibility team which will try to contact the plugin author. WPML is already pre-configured.

You can also invite the plugin author to join our Go Global program where help the author to make his product multilingual ready: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Please let me know

Best Marcel

September 5, 2019 at 10:18 pm #4522101

abdel-azizN

Hi Marcel,

I did installed the plugin in the link? hidden link
Please help me solve this issue as I don't have alternatives for this plugin. Hopefully if you look at the code you may find a solution. i also invited the author but as I see he did not reply to his support forum since very long time. So again, I hope you can solve this issue for me specially when it's only occurred in ar version (RTL). Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Abdel

September 6, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4525383

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Abdel,

can you please try to configure the affected plugin and reproduce it on a sample Page in English and Arabic? Then I can escalate it to our Compatibility team.

Thank You
Best Marcel

September 9, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4539841

abdel-azizN

Hi Marcel,
I did as you asked and I got the same issue. Working in Eng but not showing in ar (RTL). See Attached.

Please help

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 8:36 am #4543053

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Abdel,

thanks, I send the case to our compatibility team which will try to find a fix or try to contact the author if needed.

I will update you ASAP once I receive feedback.

Best Marcel

September 10, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4546145

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Abdel,

After further debugging, we found that the issue also persists, when we change the site language to Arabic. So the Post Slider doesn't work in general with Arabic.

So there is nothing we can provide as a workaround for WPML. Please try again to contact the author, or if you can't change the used plugin you can contract a certified developer to re-write the functionality of the plugin here https://wpml.org/contractors/

Best Marcel