This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After updating the post status in the default language, this does not sync in the secondary language.

Solution: At the moment, unfortunately, this is not possible. This is how WPML works at this moment. After setting the status, you can not edit through the original content. Our team is aware of this feature request.

As a workaround, you can use the language selector on the top bar to switch to the secondary language. After that, you can edit the status of the secondary language just as you do with the status of the original post.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ian 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 22, 2018 at 9:48 am #2567901

riccardoL

Hi.

I have a custom post type and everything is working fine, except the status update.

If I have a published post and set it to "draft" in german language, the other two posts (Englisch and Italian) are not updating. They remain published.

I've already searched for solutions, but no chance.

My setting (maybe) related to my problem (translated, because I have the backend in German)
-) Options for translated documents: Like the original document

The same problem the other way round: if I have a "draft" and change it to "publish", the post status is not updating for the translations of this post.

Thank you.

July 24, 2018 at 1:45 am #2571581

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

At the moment, unfortunately, this is not possible. This is how WPML works at this moment. After setting the status, you can not edit through the original content. Our team is aware of this feature request.

As a workaround, you can use the language selector on the top bar to switch to the secondary language. After that, you can edit the status of the secondary language just as you do with the status of the original post.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

May 15, 2019 at 6:08 pm #3819363

Ian

Hi, this is still true in 2019.. so that is not a bug just a very poor implementation ? For all posts not only CPT's we do have to manually go change the post status in every language ? Really ?!