This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
January 25, 2020 at 1:02 pm #5361489

davidG-36

Hello,

My client has an issue with his six language website.

For example, when he changed the post status from 'Published' to 'Draft' on the original post, the status are not changed for secondary language posts as well. So he has to do it manually.

Is there a setting that we need to enable or a specific workflow needed for this to happen automatically?

January 25, 2020 at 1:14 pm #5361521

davidG-36

In Settings > Multilingual Content Setup > Translated documents options > Document status
'Same as the original document' is checked.

January 27, 2020 at 11:23 am #5369461

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

This is actually not a bug. This is the way how WPML works. We had a feature request as described here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/post-status-not-updating-for-translations/, but at the end of 2018, it was decided not to implement this feature.

As a workaround, you can use the language switcher on the top bar to switch to the secondary language. After that, you can edit the status of the secondary language to "Published" just as you do with the status of the original post.

Best Regards
Marcel

January 27, 2020 at 12:31 pm #5369835

davidG-36

Hello Marcel,

I know how to do it manually and I'm very disappointed, because in the next year, when I'll have 12 languages, I will have to do all this manually only because some strange guy in your team decided that a simple post status sync function would be a crime against humanity.

January 27, 2020 at 1:41 pm #5370165

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi David,

I understand your disappointment. I would recommend that you suggest it as a new feature request. If more people do it, maybe the devs change their opinion.

https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Marcel