Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mohammed 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Dimitri

I am trying to:

I have a multilanguage website, Italian is the main language and English is the second language.

On the Italian homepage I'm displaying some custom post types and their titles are randomly displayed in Italian and others in English..

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

Post titles in Italian language in the Italian version and English in the English version.

Instead, I got:

titles are randomly displayed in Italian and others in English..

March 6, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3279751

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for contacting WPML support!

I have tried the login credentials but they seem to be incorrect.

I'll need to check that page and how that query was built. The next reply is private, could you please provide me again with the correct login details?

March 6, 2019 at 3:29 pm
March 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm #3280128

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the login info!

When I edit the homepage where the posts are there, I can't see any content. But I see it's using a template called, Home Page.

Could you please let me know how did you choose a specific post type to be displayed in the homepage using that template?

And, the only English post I see on the Italian page is 'Startutp: HiGi Energy, soluzioni innovative nelle Filippine', is that right?

March 6, 2019 at 4:00 pm #3280209

Dimitri

Hi,

I'm using this query:

<?php
$args = array( 'post_type' => 'applicazione', 'posts_per_page' => 3, 'orderby' => 'rand', 'suppress_filters' => false );
$rand_posts = get_posts( $args );

foreach ( $rand_posts as $post ) :  
  setup_postdata( $post ); ?> 
March 6, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3280336

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

As far as I see, not only 'applicazione' posts are being displayed even in Italian. Is there any explanation for that?

Well, can I clone the website for further debugging?